Maximus

Chapter 29

*Dantes POV*

This is a terrible idea. I don't like this at all.

"Dante Dalesio. Let me go and get in the damn car." She tried to pull my arms from her body but I didn't budge. "I'm just gonna stay and let them go."

"Dante! It is one night, just go. Chi, Letta, and I are going to be perfectly fine."

Perfectly fine my ass. Somedays I wonder how Camille has made it this far in life.

The boys and I have a job to do, an over night one of course, a few hours out of town. I hate leaving her. I cant protect her when i'm not with her and if anything were to happen to her I wouldn't be able to live with myself. It would be my fault.

Everything that's happened to her so far is my fault.

She furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head, "Hey...what's wrong?" Her voice softened.

"Nothing, I just don't wanna leave you." She smiled and kissed my forehead, "I'm gonna be fine, Chi and Letta are here."

That's never made me feel any better. "Don't let them talk you into any dumb shit, do not touch the fucking liquor. If you find the hidden stash, do not touch it."

"The hidden stash?" Draven sighed and laid his arm around her shoulder, "Oh my sweet child, our hidden stash of weed in which we hide from you."

Her eyes snapped to me and she gave me her, 'are you serious' look. She may be small but those looks scare me sometimes. She's ruthless.

"I just didn't want you to yell at me." I shrugged and silently prayed that maybe she would spare my soul today.

"Oh! You didn't want me to yell at you! Which part do you want me to yell about first?" I sighed and sat down as she so generously informed me that it is illegal and dangerous and "damaging to the mind and body"

Nope. My soul was not spared.

"Now get in the car and drive." I rolled my eyes and pulled her close to me, "You wouldn't want me to leave while your angry at me, would you?"

A small, but definitely not sweet smile, broke across her face. "Of course not honey! Have a wonderful trip and i'll be waiting for you as soon as you get home in our bed!"

"Feels like a nice surprise." A slight smirk was written on my face. "If you wanna think that."

I'm gonna miss her attitude. It may only be one night but it's been awhile since we've been apart and slept in a bed without each other. She says it's just a night but I know she'll be calling me when she can't sleep.

"Ok, behave while I'm gone, i love you." She finally dropped her attitude and placed a soft kiss on my lips, "I love you too Dalesio."

————————-

I laid my head in my hands as Kace blasted Midnight memories by One Direction.

"Tell me that i'm wrong but I do what I please." Draven leaned on seat with his head back, "Way too many people in the Addison Lee"

Zach joined, "Now I'm at the age where they know what I need, oh-ooh- oh!"

I could be home right now watching one of those dumb fucking Disney movies with Camille and instead i'm here.

"Midnight memories!" Kace slapped the steering wheel to the beat.

I'm gonna wreck the car if this continues.

———————-

*Camilles POV*

"We're almost to the house" I laid my head back in pain. The sun was almost up and we had yet to sleep.