0.3 Chapter 13 - Release

Sapnap's POV
At first, he felt nothing around him. Just blissful silence. No pain, no memories, no nothing. Just a soul slowly fading into peace.

That is, until Sapnap realized he had just been murdered at the hands of his former best friend.

He sat up quickly, opening his eyes and being met with an empty, white void. Sapnap glanced around, eyes wide. His mind was whirling, being unable to process any thought until his brain finally said;

Where am I?

Sapnap quickly hopped to his feet, spinning in a circle. There was absolutely nothing around, it was just... white.

"Hello?" Sapnap shouted, his voice noticably echoing. There was no answer at first, the silence returning.

Until-

"Sapnap?"

He whipped around at his name, eyes landing on the person. He recognized them immediately. Blonde hair, green hoodie, smiling mask covering their face...

"Dream," Sapnap breathed. Dream frowned, and then groaned in annoyance.

"I thought- rrrgh. You're not supposed to be here, Sapnap," Dream said impatiently.

Sapnap looked him up and down, not knowing how to feel. Should he be angry? Scared? He was looking at a literal murderer, the one who had single-handedly killed all of his friends and himself.

"What the hell did you do?" Sapnap decided to ask. There was nowhere else to go, he might as well try and get some answers.

Dream sighed, looking away from Sapnap.

"I broke the code, okay?" Dream finally admitted. He put one hand up before Sapnap could speak. "The code is what programmed our world. We're teetering on the edge of death and the Flipside."

"The Flipside?" Sapnap echoed in confusion.

Dream nodded. "A place beyond living. It's where my dads work partner, the founder of the company went after my sisters accident. It's also where Fundy ended up for some reason, and where Grian went to hide from.."

He trailed off, looking down at his hands.

"..me," Dream finished with an emotionless frown. He shook his head, facing Sapnap again. "Point being, we are gone. Vanished. No more Sapnap and Dream."

"Why'd you kill everyone else though?" Sapnap demanded. "They all could have carried on living."

Dream glanced away. Sapnap wished he could see what was under the mask, so he could try and at least guess some form of emotion.

"Because they wouldn't be included in The Rewind," Dream said, tilting his head skyward.

Sapnap opened his mouth to speak, but Dream looked at him sharply with a sly smile.

"The Rewind will fix everything," Dream said proudly. "No more Freddy Fazbears. No more script and no more of me."

Sapnap was astonished to feel a sinking sadness in his stomach. This man was literally a serial killer, hell he had literally killed Sapnap himself. He wasn't even considered his friend anymore.

"You say that like you expect me to be sad or something," Sapnap pointed out. "Why'd you do all this, anyway? What'd you do to your sister, Dream?"

That sure caught him off guard.

Dream looked down at the ground, his shoulders visibly tensing. He was silent for a moment, which confused Sapnap a bit.

And then a quiet sob rung throughout the air.

Sapnap didn't know how to feel. He tried desperately to stamp out any sympathy he felt, but it was hard. He was a murderer, taking the lives of a LOT of innocent people. And he used to be Sapnap's friend, it was difficult to see him as a dangerous criminal.

"I just wanted her to be okay," he said softly, his voice shaking a little bit.

He looked up with a trembling sigh, quickly rubbing away his tears and clearing his throat.

"I had a plan, to fix our family," Dream started simply. "Dad was always away, Drista was broken and Mom was stressed constantly. I had heard my Dad's theories on soul play and vessels, which I trusted completely. He may have been a bad man, but he was incredibly smart.

"According to his research, a soul had a choice to stay in what we call the overworld as a vengeful spirit, most of the time happening if the soul was killed. That's just an umbrella term, however. Of course there are different types of 'ghosts,' but that's not important. He then concluded that souls were able to be trapped in a vessel if done right, although he could never be 100% sure.

"So when I was old enough to get a job with my Dad at the first pizzeria you worked at, Sapnap, the first thing I did when I was able was test Dad's vessel theory. I used four kids I found, one for each animatronic to see if the results would vary. And it worked! The souls had been stuck in the animatronics. Punz helped me make sure of this, he confirmed that the souls were begging for help and could not pass the borders between Earth's spiritual realm and whatevers beyond that. They couldn't even move.

"So then I tried it on my sister," Dream let out a shuddering and disappointed sigh.

"Which I'm guessing didn't work," Sapnap guessed slowly. "But why your sister? She was fine, wasn't she?"

"Drista wasn't the same after the incident at the Fredbear's Diner, she was different," Dream corrected grimly. "Something was wrong with her body, and her brain. I had been working on a new suit; Fredbear had always been her favorite prior the whole thing. So I made a different animatronic- Golden Freddy."

Sapnap thought back to the pizzeria he worked at, the poster. What he had seen. Drista had been dead for years before he worked there, he knew that for a fact.

"Dream, is there a difference between the usual animatronic movement and the souls control?" Sapnap asked.

To his surprise, Dream nodded. "Their motion is more fluid and confused, being less aggressive towards kids."

Fluid and confused... Sapnap repeated silently, a sinking realization settling in.

"Drista was put in Golden Freddy, wasn't she?" Sapnap guessed hesitantly, feeling a bit sick saying those words. Dream nodded once again. "Dream, it did work."

His body visibly fell still, being completely silent for a moment.

"What?" He said, his voice dangerously quiet. Sapnap took a nervous step back, putting his hands up innocently.

"I was met by a golden Freddy on Night 3," Sapnap stammered, a tad bit alarmed.

Dream didn't say anything for a few seconds. He only turned around, straightening his back. Sapnap let his hands drop to his side.

"It didn't matter," he said, his voice tinted with anger. But then he laughed his signature, wheezing noise. "It doesn't matter. So I'll do one thing right for you all."

"Huh?" Sapnap answered, his anxiety rising.

"In seconds, this place is going to fall apart," Dream explained, making Sapnap's heart drop. "There won't be an afterlife for you, or your friends. You're all going back, to a normal life. No death, no murder, no William or me, and no more Freddy Fazbear's."

There was a loud cracking noise, making Sapnap jump. He looked back to Dream, who seemed to be smiling. He only then realized he seemed to be crying. It didn't feel like actual tears though, it felt really cold.

Actually, his entire body felt cold. Freezing, in fact.

"Before you go, just know I was never a bad person," Dream said casually. "I only wanted to do what was right. And I did. I'm fixing the world.

Goodbye, Sapnap, George.

Goodbye, Freddy Fazbear's.

Goodbye readers."

0.3

A/N
!not the end!