Third Muster: Chapter 54

***

***

"Remember, if she starts to suck your spirit away, you know what to do," Yeora ties the black fabric with her blood in Jungkook's wrist.

Jungkook stares at her while she ties the fabric. There's a mixture of confusion amd nervousness in him. Her heart starts pounding and his hand shakes. Yeora looks up at Jungkook and raises her brows.

"Are you thay nervous?" She asks clasping Jungkook's hands in hers.

Jungkook shakes his head no and looks into her eyes. He couldn't bare this any longer. It's been months, no years that he kept himself in-check. He doesn't want to disrespect the king. He wanted to stay loyal buy he himself is eating his heart from the inside.

Before he could even rationalize what he'll do next, he cups Yeora's face. She doesn't seemed to be fazed by ut so she just let's Jungkook say what he wants to say. His eyes are brimming with unsaid words but his lips are pressed right together.

Yeora is patient with him. Yeora has always been. She has always been so understanding and at this moment, she knew what he was about to say.

"I like you your highness," he speaks.

With all the courage he has, he continues.

"And I sorry. I'm sorry that I feel this way. I know I should be loyal to his majesty but I just can't hold it back any longer. Not now when everyone here is willing to risk their lives for me. You don't have to reciprocate my feelings. I just wanted you to know," he looks down at her from his height.

He sounded relieved and free for the first time since he met Yeora.

The queen smiled and nodded her head. She rests her face on his hand further and closes her eyes.

"I thought you'd never say it," she smiles.

"I know Jungkook. I know what you feel. And you have been a loyal subordinate to his majesty until now. Believe me, he won't hate you. He loves you Jungkook," she says once she opens her eyes.

"I've always been there for you as well to show you how special you are to me. I felt that the day you accompanied me to the gardens when I was still a human. I owe you a lot. You and Jimin," she pecks his palm.

Jungkook smiles.

"I have the king now. I want you to know that he'll also do anything and everything for me. Know that I am love deeply and cared for," she says and kisses his palm again.

"That's all that matters to me," Jungkook kisses her forehead and hugs her tight.

Now all of what he's feelings are laid out. He feels more comfortable now.

Not far from them, Jimin is perched on a tree. He smiles proudly at Jungkook and Yeora.

"They're too loyal for me," he whispers and continues to watch.

He knew from the begging about Jungkook's feelings. He thought he's be mad about it but the exact opposite happened. Atleast he knew that someone is here to take care of her incase somethings happens.

Pride swells in him. All Jungkook needed was a small nudge from him.

~•°•~

"He fucking said what?!" Taehyung exclaims as him and Yeora skip from tree to tree.

Jennie and Yoongi behind them. Jennie heard and snickered. Yoongi just ignored it and continues keeping track.

"Now, now. He didn't mean any harm," Yeora says zooming past .

"Your majesty, don't go too far," he then speeds up and follows his queen to where she's headed.

Jungkook sits back down on his chair and leans back. Lisa and Jimin just nearby. He knew that being in this place and position puts him in grave danger but so.is everybody's lives. He touches tye fabric and reassures himself that all of them survives in this battle just because he doesn't wanna be wedded to Selene.

Not long when the day ends again. The dusk is here and so is Jungkook's nerves. His heart is filled with worry but also with dedication. He needed to be strong for this.

Night has fallen over the kingdom. Jimin's people are holding their breaths as they pray that the war doesn't touch the lands where Jimin had been protecting them for decades and decades. Hoseok stands still over the boarders together with Namjoon and Jin.

"You think Selene will come this eve?" Hoseok asks Namjoon.

"Base on my observations, she might. It's been days since we camped out here. Let's just hope that she won't target the king's people," he answered Hoseok.

Jin on the other hand stays still form where he is. Medics don't usually come out to fight but today, he needs to stand his ground as well. Their people might be at stake and so is his king and queen.

"The Havens must be a really safe place then," Hosoek comments.

"No one knows, only Yeora does. I think I know where we can find it but I'm not sure if they'd trust me enough to look for the lost Havens with them," Namjoon says as he grips his sword.

Hosoek was about to answer when Jin draws fire from his hand and burns a flying arrow their way.

"She's here," Namjoon taps into everyone's mind.

Yeora from a distance holds another replica of Jungkook in her hand that Jennie and Yoongi has created from a human. She looks at Yoongi from the other tree and nods.

Millions of arrows with fire flies its way to the boarders where the three of them are standing. Namjoon and Hoseok takes that as a cue that Selene is targeting the kingdom itself.

"Think you can handle this?" Jin asks.

"We sure can," Hoseok says as he waves his arm into the air shielding the walls and let's the arrow fall down to the ground.

Jin lands back down to the camp where Jimin, Jungkook and Lisa are.

"She's targeting the kingdom your majesty," he reports.

Jimin raises his right brow and presses his lips together.

"Bring Jungkook to the boarders," he says. "It's time," he finishes.

Yeora looks at the burning grounds below the walls and nods her head.

"It's time."

•••