Chapter 5 | Mission

Zaarib's pov

Humming my own made song I play with Inaya's fingers who is sitting like a rotten pumpkin beside me on the bed while huffing and puffing to get my attention.

Gosh, why does everyone wants my attention nowadays! I feel so important now. If I was a girl I would have flipped my hair like those girls do.

"Zaarib will you shut up or should I make you, your voice is irritating as hell!" She yells spitting out rubbish on my face, she is a terrible liar, my voice is just like that kpop idol who sang ' we don't talk anymore' with Charlie puth , sweet, dulcet, honeyed, syrupy, musical, heavenly, bubbly, silky, melodious—yeah, in one word it's perfect.

"Huh, an old man once said only a jeweler knows the true assay of diamond and now I get that line" I roll my eyes at the rude girl beside me, still not letting her smooth slender hand to which I am addicted too. I admit that I love her hands.

"Zaarib stop playing around, see this" she points at her engagement ring which looks like, it is made for her "we are engaged"

"Well wasn't I the groom in that engagement?" my voice filled with sarcasm, Was it necessary for her to remind me the terrible drama that took place two days ago.

" God Zaarib" Ai! She pulls her hand away from mine only to turn and look at my unbothered soul. My eyes not leaving her hands which are moving from here to there "we are engaged, you know what that means!"  Not again!

"I do, it means we are no more bf and gf. We are each other's fiancé now" I smile at her, what does she think of me. I am updated about everything.

She huffs looking all irritated, what is it now?! She is my fiancé, isn't she? "It means we will get married soon!! My dad was searching for an alliance remember? And your mom was so eager to set you up. When now we are finally engaged they are definitely going to tie us up together very soon, I am sure" she pulls her hair back to tie it up into a messy bun after sending me into a trauma, this sounds like a terrible nightmare.

Am I really getting married? And that too, with my cousin? No no! She is beautiful I agree, she tolerates my childishness I agree, she is smart umm I don't agree that she is stupid I definitely agree but most importantly she is my sister, okay cousin sister and I get that it is normal in Muslims to get married to a cousin, but don't you think it will be awkward. I sure think that it will be.

Why is my life so messed up! I can't marry her!!

"Inaya" I pull her hand again to play with it "I am not ready, I don't want to marry you, I know this rejection will hurt you—" ouch, a hard punch in my chest stops me from talking further "don't be so full of yourself, I don't want to get married either and most importantly not to you." Hmm, feelings are mutual.

"good, how are we going to stop this then? I have so much more to achieve in my life" I breathe out thinking about my bucket list "Oh..what are your achievements?" She mumbles and I lick my lips thinking about my achievements "I want to eat, all the new famous dishes around the world" I dream resting my head back on the pillow.

"Bungee jumping is something I have seen in my general knowledge book when I was young, I want to jump from the top hill while yelling ' I love you' to the one I love. I don't mind if she joins me but you know girls these days are scared of height, so I will yell her name instead" I smile brightly as the scene is filling my mind huh—wait-I shake my head quickly when In my imagination I see Inaya standing beside me giving me thumbs-up, ya Allah this marriage drama is making me go crazy!! Why the hell am I seeing her?!