Extra 1.2

Juan and Ju Yi - Present

Juan has become concerned for her daughter's shift of personality, it's like she's become more shy and withdrawn than before, a complete reversal of herself in the past.

She doesn't know what happened and she has asked her if she was bullied in her new school but she wasn't. Ju Yi has also been alarmed by JuJu's situation and scrutinized the school and the teachers but there's nothing wrong. The two of them can only regard it as their child growing and being unused to the new environment.

"Let's just wait, maybe she's growing up" she heard Ju Yi saying and she can only sigh at her daughter's changes.

No matter the changes, she would still love her child.

She was about to leave her daughter's room when she was held back softly by Ju Yi. She looks at him in confusion and watched him evade his eyes and clear his throat.

"Well... um... are you free this weekend?" She blinks at him for that is the only thing she can do.

She looks at Ju Yi, they have been together since they were children and has experienced and created the darkest and brightest memories in their life. He was the only man she's ever loved, the only man who knows her truly well, and the father of her child.

And if someone asked her, what made her love him? Well, it was when they were in their most toughest time and their stomachs were almost sticking to their back, he came and fed her an apple.

During that difficult time, he still lent her an apple even though he was also as hungry as her.

"I'm free this weekend" she doesn't want to stall nor to take revenge.

Exacting revenge is just another tiring thing moreover she has already forgiven him. They can only account for unfortunate events and move on so they can both have peace.

"S-So can I invite you over for a d-date?" She wanted to laugh at him and she did.

She laughed at the man who seems cold and is regarded as a high being in others who are now stumbling in his words and couldn't see his mature nature.

"Fine"

She has decided if one asks her if it was worth it then she'll say yes. She would rather try again than regret it for the rest of her life.

...

"Are you sure you didn't plan about this?" I asked pointedly as I threw a look of sarcasm in his direction.

He panics.

"It's not my intention, believe me! I didn't purposely get here my car- my car broke down and I -"

"I'm just teasing you" he looks at me for a moment and then sighs before silence ensues once more.

"I really didn't" he weakly added, like a battle-worn soldier.

I look outside of the car, we're currently stuck in the middle of nowhere and at the front is a very big and conspicuous sign that says "Motel for Lovers" along with a heart on the side.

His car broke down after we finished our dinner, thankfully JuJu was in her parent's house, or else she'll be worried sick for her.

"Let's go inside"

"What?" He looks like he was struck by lightning and I urged him to leave.

"Let's go or do you want to be stuck in the driver's seat for the rest of the night?" He scurried out and closed the car before walking beside me with an expression of someone fully geared and ready for battle.

I mustered out the courage to say those words after all I truly do not want to be stuck in the car and sleep there. If there's a bed, whether it's a five-star hotel or not I will certainly go there to sleep.

The two of us went in, it was dazzling bright and the smell of perfume overwhelmed our senses. We reached the counter and there stood a woman chewing gum as she scrolls on her phone with a boring look.

"Hello, can we get a two-bedroom-"

"Sorry, only one bedroom per person" she said without looking at us and continuing what she's done before.

"I can pay double" Ju Yi said and the girl lifts her eyes off her phone and said.

"Haven't you seen the sign? It's for lovers to spend their cozy night together so there is NO one bedroom" he was about to refute her again when I pulled his hand.

"Let's just get one, it's freezing now" his expression soften and he ordered one room for the night.

As we walk into the hallways, I could hear some bed creaking and voices mixing making me blush. Thankfully the hallways were too dim and I was walking beside him.

We finally reached our designated room and I scurried inside, afraid of hearing those sounds again. I looked at the room, it was clean in our perspective but if it was from someone who lives in wealth then they would certainly argue with the lady down the counter.  

"I'll go wash first" he said and broke the silence and I nodded.

The blush that faded away rushed again and I turn my eyes away from his figure. The door closed and soon water rushing filled my ears and I couldn't help but close my eyes and ignore the situation we're in.

I'm already an adult, we are just sleeping, this is nothing.

"I'm finished" I heard his voice and immediately jumped off the bed and showered. Because of the cold weather, I didn't stay for too long and finished.

We just wore our previous clothes and then I looked at the bed where he was now sitting.

"We should go sleep" I say, I am not cruel enough to force him to sleep on the floor in this freezing weather.

The two of us tried to sleep but it was to no avail, I was stiff as a log and after some time, I feel him moving and I stiffen once again.

"Juan" I hummed in reply and waited for him to continue. "Can... can I get another chance?"

She stilled and burrowed her blushing face into the pillow before humming in answer.

"I won't fail you" she heard him answer and smiled.

This time, I'll trust you one more time so please don't fail me.

***
Another extra!!!! Hope you like this chapter everyone!

Have a great day and stay safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!