Chapter 42

"Don't look at me that way. Benwang might not be able to let you go."

While daydreaming, suddenly his words popped up in her mind. Feeling so surprised by it, Xu Ling Ai slap her own face.

"I'm going crazy! What am I even thinking of?" While slapping her face, she also scolded herself.

"I- I feel hot." Xu Ling Ai rushed to the kitchen wanting to have some water. Gulping the water in one shot, all the kitchen cookers look at her oddly.

"I need more!" She was literally blushing. Xu Ling Ai suspected that she is abnormal.

Like winning a competition, she ran towards a basin full of water. Dumping her face inside it. But her ears were about to explode due to everyone screaming.

"Princess Consort! Nooo!!" A kitchen cooker scream loudly.

Pulling herself out of the water, Xu Ling Ai look at the cooker. Her face was totally a mess.

"What?" Xu Ling Ai ask blurry.

"I-it is... for dishwasher." The cooker hesitantly said. She was afraid of the Princess Consort wrath.

"What!" Xu Ling Ai pushed the water away from her. Getting dizzier by the sudden disclosure.

"I-it is okay. Only washing dishes right? I will leave first." Despite having a shocked expression, she tried to cover her stupidness.

She couldn't take out his words out of her mind. It captivated her. Did he really mean it? Because she thought he likes man.

"Aishh! Stop thinking about it! Let's take a walk." Xu Ling Ai shrugged off all the thoughts and head to the town.

She wants to avoid Li Zhao as much as possible for the time being. When she don't feel any fluttering thing, she will confront him once again.

"Gu Mama I go out for a moment!" Xu Ling Ai yell while running to get out of the manor to avoid anyone or to be exact Li Zhao.

Walking towards the market, she keep fiddling her fingers. Trying to figure our own feelings is the most hardest thing to do.

That once cheerful self whenever she is at the town was gone. She couldn't think of anything except him.

"I can't be falling for him right?" Xu Ling Ai chuckle nervously.

She thought it was the most impossible thing to happen but now she couldn't even trust her own heart.

"Xu Ling Ai."

Xu Ling Ai was too immersed in figuring out her feelings when a hand suddenly touch her shoulder made her turn and involuntarily punch that person in the face.

"Ouch!" Chanyu whine when a punch land on his handsome face.

"I- I'm sorry! I'm so sorry." Xu Ling Ai exclaimed feeling flabbergasted by her own action.

She worriedly look at the bruise and wound she had made. It can be said quite a strong punch that she got.

"Oh my goodness I really am sorry." Xu Ling Ai put her hands together and beg for Chanyu's forgiveness.

"It's fine. It's fine." Chanyu respond. He admit that she is strong.

"No. It's not. Come here, I will treat you." Xu Ling Ai hastily dragged to a near bench.

Fortunately, there is not much people there or there will be chaos because she punch someone again.

She pick out the salves that Li Zhao gave her when she had her lips busted. When Xu Ling Ai moved near him, Chanyu suddenly moves backwards.