#3

VALERIE POV

I'd seen this man somewhere but I didn't recall where. He had beautiful brown eyes and dark brown hair. Our height difference intimidated me a little.

"Hey, you're okay?", he smiled trying to balance my body.

"Uh, yeah. Sorry I didn't know where I was going", I said almost in a whisper.

"No harm done", he said showing his pearly whites.

There was this awkward silence between us and I couldn't wait for him to leave me alone.

"Do you recognize me?", he asked carefully.

"Do I what?", I asked afraid that I heard him wrong.

"Do you still recognize me? We've met before", so I wasn't the only one who thought that too.

"Sorry. I don't remember", I shrugged. I was never the one who paid attention to people especially when I only met them once.

"You gave me your PB&J sandwich when I got stuck in the rain. We were at the halte bus together?", he said, trying to make me remember.

"Oh, right. You looked cold and hungry at that time so I think it's a polite thing to do" I remembered now. At first, I was scared of the fact that there was a stranger sitting quietly while staring at the pouring rain. I tried to keep my distance from him but I realized he was shivering and looked so pale. I always had this habit of helping people which wasn't always a good thing since he was a total stranger.

"I'm Sean", he offered his hand to shake.

"Valerie", I shook his hand which was bigger than mine making my small hand look smaller.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl", wow cheesy much?

"Uh, thanks?" I said, didn't know what to say. He kept staring at me which made me creeped out a little bit.

"Guess I'll see you around?", he finally said.

"Yeah", I said absentmindedly.

I walked quickly since I wasn't in the mood and I didn't want any encounter with this man anymore. I kept walking without taking a glance to my back.

I walked into the apartment and it was empty like I thought. Dani was probably with her boyfriend or something which was fine with me since I wanted to be alone.

I was getting dressed after taking shower when my phone rang. Who could be calling me? My parents rarely called me so I quickly took the phone worrying something happened.

I checked the id and it was Liam, my only guy best friend. We met at freshman orientation and we'd been friends ever since. Many people thought we were dating because we were close but I assured them that we were just friends and he was like my brother.

Liam was a good listener and always there when I needed someone to talk to or when I needed some advice. He had a sister so he really knew what to say or do and I was grateful having him beside Dani.

"Hello?", I answered.

"Val? Are you OK? You just disappeared after the class", he said concerned.

"Nothing", I said nonchalantly.

"Don't lie to me. I've asked what happened to one of your classmates", I sighed. Of course he would do that.

"It's just usual. Nothing new", I tried to assure him.

"Val, you know I'll always be here for you, right?"

"Of course I know. Really it wasn't a big deal. I'm used to it now. I just don't want to talk about it", I said.