The nerves are real

*Camilas P.O.V*

I sat on the couch my hair dripping chlorine water from today's practice. My mind still preoccupied, like it had been all day.

Hannah had gone faster than me. By a whole second.

I felt like screaming, shouting...

Swimming, I felt like swimming.

Swimming till my legs and arms couldn't move any more. Swimming had always been a problem solver for me. Upset, swim. Mad, swim. Sick, swim. Happy, swim.

And right now I was frustrated and was itching to get into a pool. Yes I had just come back from practice, but it wasn't enough to get everything off of my mind.

Maybe I can do at home workouts I thought, finally standing up from the couch. But before I could began any sort of physical activity the door opened to reviel my dad.

"Hey." I said plainly picking up my dinner plate making it look like a stood up for a reason.

"Hey, how was school?" He asked setting down his work bag.

I went to reply good, but stopped. I had to be honest to him.

"Well it was alright till Luke informed me Hannah went a second faster than me in the 100 fly." I stated trying to shrug it off, acting like it didn't upset me.

He let out a low whistle and made his way closer to me and sat down next to me on the couch.

"Was he at least nice about the whole ordeal?" My dad asked.

I shook my head and sat back down on the couch.

"Yeah, actually me and Luke have been friendly lately." I said honestly kind of happy we were.

My dad shook his head gladly before looking back at me.

"This whole Hannah thing has you nervous doesn't it?" He asked taking a sip from my glass of water on the coffee table.

I shook my head and closed my eyes for a quick second before opening them.

"Yeah, yeah it does." Saying the words took a small weight off of my shoulders but still made me feel better.

"Look you can't let her get to you, swimming a mental game and she's just trying to get into your head. And its working by the looks of it. She's got you wrapped around her finger and is pulling you in whatever direction she wants." He said truthfully.

I looked at my dad and sighed, he was right. Of course he was right. He always was.

"Thanks dad." I said finally.

My dad smiled and got up from the couch making his way to the kitchen.

"How did Luke even find out about Hannah's times in the first place?" My dad asked half shouting from the kitchen.

"Hannah's been texting Luke." I said with more irritation than there needed to be.

"Ah" was all my dad said before starting his own dinner.

I still sat on the couch looking at the TV infront of me the volume on mute.

Hannah really didn't need to be in my head and I wasn't going to let her. In fact I'm convinced she dated Luke to get inside my head.

Why Luke though, she knows I hate him? Nevermind.

I mean I don't hate Luke, I thought. At least not right now, but I'm worried that with him being all nice he might flip a switch again and be the sexist jerk he used to be.

I huffed a sigh and turned the volume back up on the TV. Maybe if I watched some TV it would distracte myself from my nerves.

"Cam." My dad shouted from the kitchen.

"Yes." I said pausing the TV to hear him better.

"If you and Luke are being friendly, maybe help each other out while we are at our mid season meet." My dad said reminding me he was going to be gone all weekend.

"You're gonna miss my meet?" I asked just realizing when his meet was.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I don't want to be gone but thats just when the meet is. But if you and Luke are being friendly maybe help each other out while his father rand me are gone. Ok?"

I huffed and un paused the TV. With my dad being gone the nerves really sky rocketed.

*hey y'all one more short chapter after this then thing are gonna really pick up, so get ready... see you next chapter fishes. Just keep swimming!*

Word count: 624