Prologue

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

                 ━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

Alistair's POV

Star crossed lovers:
[Star-Crossed-Lovers]
For a love to be ill fated by destiny, souls who would go against the stars to be with one another. Fighting destiny was a dangerous game but in the eyes of a lover his beloved was the only one who mattered.

Glaring at the stars I smashed another photo-frame against the curb of my balcony while the stars glared back at me. Throughout my life I was given luxuries in a silver spoon but not once was I given love. The rain swallowed my sobs while I broke another piece of furniture.

My heart bled as my soul cried longing for a hand to lead me out of my darkness. Ghosts of my past haunted my present as tears of angst painted my cheeks.

The only exception was my mother, and now the stars had taken her away from me too. Memories of her come back in flashes while I scream in between sobs of agony. Her warm smile coursed through my mind as the memory ran circles in my head persistently.

9 years ago.

"The stars hold our destiny Alistair, once our time here is over we would become one of them there," Mum pointed out to the stars while we stood on the rooftop of our mansion.

"Like grandma?" I asked, my voice breaking a bit at the mention of her death.

"Yes like grandma, but you must have faith. I'll always be here in your heart no matter what destiny decides." She said giving me one of her bear hugs.

"Promise me you won't become a star mum?" I demanded while sobbing, what else could you expect from an 8 year old boy.

"I promise." She said while kissing my forehead.

"You lied to me." I seethed while looking at her star. Losing a parent out of two was traumatic but losing the only parent who loved you was another story altogether. A family was meant to be a safe haven, a union in which you could always find comfort. The Vanderbilts were known for their 'perfect family'.

Us Vanderbilts were what you would call a rich charade, a facade for society, money and status. The only real thing in my world was the love given by my mother and with her gone, it felt like a part of me was torn away from my soul.

The goodness in me was now gone.

Shards of her memories still gouged at my heart, making it bleed with unconditional tears. My safe haven was now gone, and there was nothing I could do about it. Hot tears soaked my cheeks while I entered her room.

It was as though the room was ripped away from it's soul, the woman who adorned it was now gone and the room cried with her memories. Squinting my eyes I find a envelope of letters with the message 'For Alistair'. Opening it up I found a letter for every birthday.

My hands clench around the letters she left for me before she fell sick, while I fall to my knees screaming out sobs. Dad was already off to one of his 'business trips' while it hadn't even been a day since mum's funeral.

My tears paint the letters that were held in my hands as I pick up her sweater that was drenched in her fragrance. I hold the fabric close to my beating heart as my soul sobs in agony.

"I defy you stars! I dare you to wage a war against me!" I screamed at the daunting sky full of unforgiving stars.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

Skylar's POV

Swallowing yet another pill for my anxiety I stare out into the night sky. Looking at the shooting stars I wished for a miracle. Stars were something I always cherished. They wrote our destiny from time to time. Giving us lovers, friends, relatives that fix our shattered souls.

My mother always taught me to be kind and have courage, and to never take my anger out on the stars. Although I despised them for my fate, they were the only one who knew my secret.

The wind washed over my face as I enjoyed the nightfall. Holding a hand out in the balcony I let my skin shower in the rain. Giggles left my lips while I enjoyed the rain staring into the stars.

I'd always hoped for them to give me a miracle. What I didn't expect was to fall in love with an Angel in disguise of a Devil.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

Hey My Loves!! I am so excited to write this story, chapters would be released just as 'Till Hate Do Us Part' is finished. Sky is an Angel, how I adore her<33 and Alistair is my soulmate hehe. Also I love you all and you are worth everything.🤍🤍