chapter 78 ~ the morning after pill

"You're up with the sun" I yawned as Carl threw a pile of mail on the table in front of me. "Great bills, thank you"

"Started fake ubering early, why the hell are you up at 5am?"

I slouched back on the couch, slowly sipping on my coffee. It was the one I brewed yesterday morning but honestly, I had no energy to remake it.

"I have a child" I sighed as he plopped down next to me. "What are you going to do with that drug addict in our basement? As much as I like you and Mickey hanging out, he is my boyfriend"

I rested my head on his shoulder as he handed me a half eaten donut. I started at it cautiously before shoving the thing in my mouth. It was probably the only food I was going to eat today and besides, what could be worse than day-old coffee?

Besides listening to Moni scream all night...

We were trying this new thing where we didn't let her use a binkie and night, and my god it was driving me insane.

I mean of course Mickey could sleep during the entire thing, but my mom ass could not. It was like I was sharing the room with a ape...and I wasn't talking about my daughter.

"I'm almost done with him, he's kind of getting boring"

Boring....cause having a kidnapped guy in our basement can be anything but that.

I slowly sipped on my coffee, my moments of peace being ruined as the sound of crying rang throughout the house.

"There goes my peace" I handed my mug to my brother before tiredly climbing up the stairs. I could faintly hear Mickey snoring which meant he wasn't going to calm her down any time soon.

Useless bitch.....

"Morning baby" I sighed, picking her up out of her crib. I tiredly plopped down on my bed, shaking Mickey violently until he woke up. "Morning sleeping beauty"

"It's not even 6 in the fucking morning" He grumbled, shoving his head farther under the pillow. I rolled my eyes in defeat as I made my way back down to the kitchen.

God what I'd give to get an extra hour of sleep....

"Cassie!" I placed Moni into her chair, turning around as Debbie came running into the house. "I need you to take me to get a morning after pill"

Oh a morning after pill yeah cause that's what I really want to be doing today. Besides why the fuck did she need a-

"You didn't use protection?!" This made me wake up as I started at her in fury. "How the hell could you be so fucking stupid?"

"Can we do the big sister routine later" She snapped, rolling her eyes boredly. "I have less than 67 hours to take the pill or I'm going to make the same mistake you did! ......not saying Moni's a mistake but-"

"First the alcohol and now this? God what the hell is going on with you Debbie!"

It was like ever since she started hanging around these welding guys she had turned into a whole other person.