Prologue

"Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to let go and then do it"

They say falling in love is a wonderful thing but imagine falling in love with your bestfriend; it's the best feeling in the world..

We had known each other for the longest time; all thanks to his mum who sold the house next door to theirs after my parents got married and moved to Seoul. We naturally became bestfriends since we were neighbors and we went to the same schools.

Both of us fell madly in love with each other when I turned 16. I still vividly remember the day he finally confessed about his feelings. It felt unreal and I was scared because I knew if I fucked up, I wouldn't just lose a boyfriend, I'd lose my best and first friend.

'You know if we go through with this, we either would get married or break up, right?', I asked him.

He took a long pause and moved closed to me, 'Then I'd just marry you after I land a job'

That was ten years ago.

Little did we know, things changed so drastically after he got discovered by an agency. He was supposed to take over his father's company but his parents supported his dreams of becoming an idol and being the supportive girlfriend that I was (or always tried to be), I watched him becoming something I never thought he'd be.

He put all of his effort in it and I was so happy when the group finally got the recognition that they deserved.

He kept his promise.

Right after they debuted, we decided to get married because we thought that'd be easier with all the traveling and long distance. At that point, it was the right thing to do.

Being a partner to an idol was not easy, especially when everything had to be done in absolute secret. We hid our relationship and our wedding had to be done oh-so discreetly to the point where there were not a lot of photos because the agency wanted to make sure the news did not leak to the public.

I was proud of him and as much as I was supportive of what he was doing, we always got into a fight and it was mostly because I couldn't understand why do we have to keep everything so discreet. Our dates were mostly spent at each other's houses and we were never once seen in public.

He got tired of us fighting and his agency finally gave a greenlight to announce our marriage and honestly, we were not surprised with the amount of backlash that we received because we saw the treatment Exo's Chen got after his news got out. So we were prepared.

Maybe he was prepared because I was sure as hell wasn't.

We tried to make it work but I was getting tired of sasaengs and never having any privacy after the announcement. So both of us took an easy way out..

We got a divorce after 3 years of marriage.

Damn you, Kim Seok Jin.

You promised we'd either break up or get married; getting a divorce was never part of the deal.