Chapter two

Harry was confused after Agent 28's outburst. If Agent 28 was the best, then why would he act like that. How would he act in the field? Agent 28 was rumored to have killed his last partner. He couldn't stop imagining himself being killed at the hands of Agent 28.

"So that's my partner huh" he said with a sigh.

"Good luck mate, he's not that bad. He is super mysterious and can be a bit aggressive, but if he trusts you, you'll be fine. He trusts me and we get on well I guess" Zayn said.

"He always helps me test my gadgets. Honestly he's not that bad" Niall said.

"Why did he call Director Payne Liam" he asked.

"They have a history. Nobody but them know the specifics, but they know that they are close" Zayn said.

"Are they like a couple or something" he questioned.

Niall started laughing and so did Zayn.

"God no. Director Payne is like his mentor; he is basically his father figure here" Niall told him.

"I think that Director Payne likes you, he wouldn't have paired you with 28 if he didn't think you were good. As long as you keep Payne on your side you will do fine. 28 follows orders from Payne, don't worry as much as he may want to kill you, he can't" Zayn said.

"Thanks guys, I at least think I won't be murdered now" he said chuckling a little.

"How about we finish the tour and then you can meet Director Payne properly"

"Sure" he said.

"Follow me" Niall said cheerily.

Niall led him through the second set of glass doors and into a large hallway. They turned right and head down a smaller hallway. There were two doors in this hallway. 

"The first room is where we keep prisoners that we have apprehended. The second room down the hall is Training room #1. And the room all the way at the end is the underground garage. That is where you will find your car and where you will leave for missions. Now follow me to your room" Niall said.

There were three rooms in a row with numbers on the door. The first one said 7, so that was obviously his. The second had the number 9 on it which meant it was Zayn's. The last one had Niall's name on it. Niall opened the door that had a seven on it and held it open. They both walked in.

The room had a queen size bed, tv, and a wardrobe. The room was styled in a contemporary modern way. There were minor decorations but not many. The room was quite dark, and the main colors seen throughout were black, grey, and white.

"This is your room" Niall said.

"You can redecorate the longer that you are here. This is just the basic things that come with the room" Niall said.

He walked over to the bed and placed his duffle bag on it. Then he turned back to Niall.

"Ready to continue" Niall asked.

"Yes" he responded.

"Let's go see my baby now" Niall said excitedly. 

Niall led him around the corner and turned right into a thin hallway and through a heavy metal door. Niall opened the door by swiping his badge and opened the heavy door. Once inside Niall shut the heavy door. 

"Welcome to my baby" Niall said.

He looked around the room. There were desks and computers everywhere. There were several stations with chemistry sets. There was also a doorway to the left of the room that led to another large room. In the other room there was guns and gadgets lining the walls. There was also a chamber that said 'testing zone' above the door. The room was immaculately clean and pristinely perfect.