Chapter 27

Today is Christmas!

“Shit!” Fred and George both turned around to the sound of the voice and saw a messy-haired Athena in the doorway.

“What's wrong?” George asked while he was adding little dots to a Christmas tree cookie.

“I need to go back to Hogwarts for a second!” Athena yelled as she quickly made her way to the fireplace and flooed to the headmistresses office.

“Oh hello, Ms. Brookes, what brings you here?”

“Please professor, I've told you to call me Athena, Ms. Brookes makes me feel old.” Minerva let out a wholehearted laugh and Athena continued, “And I need to go to my dorm and get the Christmas presents I forgot.” The older witch gave a slight ‘ah’ in understanding and motioned for Athena to continue her way.

Athena walked up the astronomy tower stairs and made it to her classroom, she walked into her dorm and quickly grabbed the Christmas presents for everyone, putting a temporary shrinking charm on the objects so she could easily fit them in her arms.

With that, she made her way back to the gargoyle statue. The old statue recognized the teacher and let her in without the request of a password. Athena gave the gothic architecture a curt nod and walked up the spiral staircase and down the hall to the office door. The blonde gave it a quick knock and the door opened on its own. Minerva looked up from her desk and gave Athena a warm smile in which she returned.

Athena walked over to her desk and gave the older witch a surprisingly neatly wrapped present. Minerva gave the younger witch a confused look, scrunching her eyebrow together, and hesitantly picked up the box. She carefully unwrapped it and was met with a simple but utterly beautiful gold necklace with a small gold M pendant.

Tears began to gaze over the older woman's green eyes, she quickly got up from her chair and walked around the desk to embrace the blonde in a motherly hug, thanking her repeatedly for the gift in which Athena said back “You very welcome professor

Tears began to gaze over the older woman's green eyes, she quickly got up from her chair and walked around the desk to embrace the blonde in a motherly hug, thanking her repeatedly for the gift in which Athena said back “You very welcome professor. Did you read the card?”

Minerva pulled out the homemade card, it was a simple-looking card on the outside but what Athena wrote on the inside made the older woman's tears run down her face with a smile on her face.

Dear professor,

I wanted to thank you for being the mother role model for me these past years, it means the world to me. After both of my parents died in the war you were the one who let me cry on their shoulder first. You were the one who made sure I was okay those following months. You saw me in my absolute worst time. You always made sure Cedric and I were okay in school, you were the one to notice my first and only crush on a certain redhead who coincidentally turned out to be my soulmate. You were the one who I came to about girl problems I had during my Hogwarts years. I may not have been a Gryffindor but you still helped me plan my future. You provide me with my dream job of becoming a teacher at this amazing school, being able to see the smiles on the kid's faces makes it all worth it. I completely understand why you put up with the twins and from what I've heard in stories about the marauders as well. All in all, I wanted to thank you for being there for me all these years, and for how much you've helped me become the woman I am today.

Lots of love, Athena Brookes.

“Oh my Merlin dear! I'm a sobbing mess right now!” Minerva cried out after reading the card, wiping the tears that fell down her cheeks with the sleeve of her robe. She got up out of her chair once again and embraced the blonde in a motherly hug.

The moment was cut short when a knock came from the office door, McGonagall let go of the younger women and let the person on the other side of the door to come in. In walked Draco Malfoy holding two beautifully wrapped boxes in his hands with a smaller box on top of the bigger one. The platinum blonde-haired boy walked over to the two ladies and handed them both a box. Athena started to unwrap hers first and pulled out a mixtape labeled ‘slow dances’. She looked up at Draco and he responded.

“It goes with a present you'll be getting later. It's all the songs that I think would be cute to slow dance to.”

“Thank you Draco, it means a lot,” She gratefully hugged him and handed her present to him. “As much as I want to stay and watch you open it, I have to get back to the twins' flat before they both go bonkers and wonder where I went.” Both of the others laughed at the blonde's comment but they all knew that a part of her wasn't kidding. So with that, she bid them goodbye and flooed back to the twin’s flat.

Athena set the presents under the small tree and made her way back to the kitchen.

It was a mess.

She walked through the doorway and was met with all kinds of frosting on the walls, chairs, countertop, cabinets, appliances, floor, and ALL over themselves. Her jaw dropped and was about to scold the living shit out of the two but was interrupted by both voices saying.

“He started it!”

"You little shit!"

Athena's mouth was still wide open, as she had trouble regaining herself.

She closed it and walked to Fred's room in silence, leaving the twins in the kitchen, in shock she didn't say anything. She pulled on one of Fred's old shirts and a pair of her shorts and returned to the meddling twins.

She grabbed some batter and threw it at the two gingers. They, of course, threw some back, and pretty soon they were in a heated batter match. There was uncontrollable laughter, a lot of cussing, and just love all around the flat.

All Athena could think about was how much she loved Fred, and how lucky she was to have him.

That is, until, she got caught spacing out, and Fred took his hand, covering it in sticky batter, and wiped it all the way down Athena's face, and down her body.

Unfortunately, that action was more of a turn-on than anything.

Before anyone could say anything, Athena moved her wand around in quick motions.

The first thing she did was Accio the batter bowl from Fred's large hands (as he had retreated to stand by his brother to get away from a possibly scary and mad Athena), placed it on the kitchen counter, and did a cleaning spell in one quick motion, cleaning the whole kitchen in a matter of seconds.

Now that the flat was clean, the boys thought she was bout to round on their asses.

"What the bloody hell were you thinking?" Athena's face was firm.

"Well, we wanted to surprise you, love," Fred started, his ears going pink and his hand rubbing the back of his neck.

"And then we got carried away.... like we normally do," George joined in.

Athena started laughing, which shocked the two boys. "I'm not mad, for fucks sake I just played with y'all in the god damn batter and frosting,"

All Fred could think about his how much he loved this girl standing in the kitchen with him.

Athena walked over to Fred and whispered seductively in his ear, "After presents and everything, wanna open up another present?" She stepped back, noticing the devilish grin on his beautiful lips, sent him a wink, and walked back into the living room, making sure to sway her hips side to side more than she usually would have.

----

This is a shorter chapter but lmk how it was!

What quidditch position would you play? I think I would be a keeper.

Don't forget to comment and vote!!!