XXVIII

Altercation

Altercation

Nang dumating ang hapon, mas naging masaya at maingay dahil naging kumportable sina Gabi at ang ibang mga kaibigan ni Lana. Si Isabell ay kasama si Giovanni na kumukuha ng litrato, si Calista na kausap ang iba nilang kaibigan habang nagkakantahan, at si Ashanti na nakikipagkarera makipaglangoy sa iba.

The lights in the area became lighter, as the color of the sky started to get dim. Ashanti wore loose coverups after they all exited the pool. Gabi and Trishza were making their dinner, Cayser was with Lana, and Kennedy in their room, still changing her attire.

She slowly walked to the seashore. The ambiance on the area made her close her eyes and calm herself. The wind was touching her loose hair, making it dance in the air. Her eyes caught some fishermen tying up their boats before getting their pile of fishes in their wooden buckets to the resort.

Looks like it isn't that bad to be with them. I just need to put some space between specific people to not have an awkward situation.

"Why are you alone?"

She automatically flinched and stopped breathing as she heard the deep voice from behind. She turned back, looking at Giovanni walking nearer, with his shorts and t-shirt.

Her eyes unconsciously adjusted on the opening of his sleeves, seeing some of his tattoos. She then looked away, avoiding another eye contact with him.

"Is it bad to be alone?"

"No, that means I have time to talk with you."

Dahil doon ay hindi niya napigilang mapalingon muli. Did she hear him clearly? Talk with her, he said?

"Wala naman tayong dapat pag-usapan pa, diba?"

Another moment of silence. She could only hear the waves of the sea, and the sound of the birds from the sky. He stared at her for a second, before letting out a sigh.

"Valerie."

She creased her forehead before glaring at him. "It's Valerina, you dumbass-"

Ashanti's eyes widened as his warm palm landed on her head. Her hair was still wet but the warmth he gave was enough to take all coldness she was getting. She knew her cheeks were burning at the moment, but she could not look away, as her eyes were locked with his.

Even his eyes are giving me warmth.

"Let's take a bite some time, alright?"