73

Cleo Horan

"Stop laughing! God, I'm never getting high again." I groaned in frustration while Harry kept laughing at me, completely carefree as his cute dimples indented on his cheeks. "I'm fucking serious."

It was very hard to stay mad at him now, the sun made his eyes look the most beautiful shade of green and I caught myself staring for a bit too long... looking at him made me feel good.

His long hair was up in a bun because we'd been practicing and he said no hair pulling allowed because it was a low blow, so we both had agreed to it after he lost every fight practice this morning. It was too easy to distract him when he didn't have a gun, but he was getting slightly better.

He looked so much younger when he had just his sweatpants and a t-shirt on like today, he seemed comfortable... even though I knew that was the furthest from what we were feeling. Ever since he visited his father, he was even more stressed than usual.

Harry wasn't sleeping too well and neither was I, it seemed like we were in the dark all over again... like we were the only ones who didn't know what was going on, which made zero sense since we would be the most affected by the outcome of this mess.

He was back to work... handling whatever he had to do at the tattoo parlor or scheduling meetings with Zayn and other business partners, all of them drug-related. Harry was keeping an eye open to see if he could find anything related to the trafficking, but nothing so far.

Niall didn't say anything about my mother so I was going to enjoy this time away from her, she was probably still trying to pretend she was shaken up by what we discovered in my father's office, as if she didn't have worse files with her own name on it.

I literally felt nothing but hatred and betrayal, I had no idea how Harry managed to go there and face his father... he was stronger than I would be.

Desmond was so used to hiding things from his son or keeping this whole facade going on that it would be hard to find any clues nonetheless... unless Harry carried on with his suggestion of breaking into his father's office while he wasn't there so he could snoop around and find helpful information.

Not only helpful to us, but also for the FBI. And it would be harmless.

Amber was getting on my nerves with her whole waiting game and I didn't know how to keep this up. Their way of working was nothing like Harry and mine, and my anxiety was starting to become a little too much.

That's why I thought that getting high with Zayn yesterday would be a good idea. I knew Harry had called him to babysit me, and I certainly didn't need anyone to look after me... but I was learning that this was his way of showing how much he cared about me, not because he thought I couldn't handle myself.

And Zayn was a really great company, but I was sure he got me high on purpose so I would stop overthinking.

I needed to relax, and not only mentally. My body was still a bit sore and the weed helped a bit, but once I was completely aware of myself and my thoughts, I realized the things I'd said and done...

And Harry was doing a great job of bringing them up every five seconds just to piss me off.

"You looked so adorable trying to strip for me and then falling onto the bed and sleeping before you could even take your bra off." Harry cackled, playing with the knife on his hand before he simply threw it over at the improvised target we had set up near the tree.

And his aim was indeed very good, but I didn't like the competition.

He didn't even look at the target when he threw the knife, but when I glanced sideways to check where he'd hit, of course it was right next to where I had previously thrown my knife. He had that signature smug smile on his pretty lips and I had to take a deep breath to control myself.