Chapter 17

Camila's POV

Miss J had reluctantly dropped me back outside of the loud shining entrance swiftly swerving away in a car in my opinion too fast for her speeding mind.. she was a good driver but still.. she wasn't exempt from the law of speeding! I stumbled through the reception up towards the elevators huffing to myself deeply as I paced lonely along the now empty quiet halls..

I kind of wished for drama sometimes.. when I was angry it was easy to take it out on someone else.. I often pushed people to their limits just to gain some kind of reaction.. bitchy comments and snarky looks always a good way to start! If only I knew which door Sapphire belonged behind..

I pulled my key from the inside of my shorts jamming it into the lock with no success confused as to how stupid I could have been in order to fail at unlocking a simple fucking door.. I grew angry quickly, my mood already low forcing the immediate threat of being locked out to eat away at me with passion.. I pulled back throwing the key against the wall with hearty scream before throwing my head back against the opposite side..

"Need some help?"

I heard a voice echo, my eyes peeling over to another door only to see an awkward looking Sam standing half way between the frame and hall.. sigh.. I didn't want to talk to him let alone look at him right now.. I text him with one simple order.. now thanks to him I was back here late at night unable to reach my bed

"You told her!"

"You... told me to?"

"She came to my house Sam! She yelled at my dad and brought me back!"

I huffed storming along the floor to regain my key with a shaking head I knew instantly had confused him.. he stepped forward with a sad grin folding his arms trying best to be quiet as I stood to retry the lock

"Isn't that what you wanted? I mean you wouldn't be here if it wasn't?"

"I want to be here! My dad was just getting into my head! I told him everything"

"Thats.. good? I mean, we all knew he wouldn't exactly be jumping for joy.. he wanted you to be a lawyer or something!"

He giggled taking my spread sentence as an invitation for conversation! I didn't want a conversation.. I wanted to sleep..

"I told him it wasn't his choice! Nobody gets to dictate my life anymore! I'm not a kid.. I'm done with the swaddling! Why won't this fucking key work!"

"Let me help.."

"NO! I don't need your help! Just go back to bed, I'm fine!"

I snapped turning to face his reaching hand with an aggravated swing of passion, his body jumping backwards just as I had hated in the past.. I didn't want him to be afraid of me.. I didn't want to be mad at him.. I wasn't! I wasn't mad at him.. I was just.. ugh never mind!

"You want a hug? Like how when you're sad.. the Sammy hug.."

"No.. I don't want a hug I just want to get into my fucking room! I'm tir- I'm tired!"

I really wanted a Sammy hug.. more than anything.. it hurt saying no.. just to feel his arms around my back stroking patterns against my spine.. his soft cheeks against my neck.. his gentle feet making sure not to step on my own.. he paced forwards anyway extending out his arms to which I abruptly stepped away from with a snappy loud

"NO! Don't.. touch me! I don't want a hug!"

I trembled sucking my lower lip into my mouth with sweaty hands now rubbing furiously against my thighs.. the silence deadly while my eyes began to water with a glistening tear burning my face like lava over sand.. he just stood there? Lowered his arms with a small sad nod staring at me as if afraid of my entire being.. I couldn't stop the tears from falling.. it had been a long day, a long week even!