🌊 XLII 🌊

"The ocean and emotions are the same"

42| VOICES AND LIGHTS

Waking up the next morning was the strangest one of all, for not only did she wake up in the star lit room as if it were still the middle of the night, but also because for the first time the girl is waking up in the arms of a man. If anyone were to see them now, she would be ruined and would never marry anyone. Though, Isolde is well aware that marrying has never been on her mind and never has she been very interested in having a man control her and take away all the things that make her who she is.

Her eyes do however soften when she sees his sleeping face. He is as calm as the waves are. His face is soft and worry free. Thomas appears to be calm and as if nothing can and no one can ever hurt him in this world. As if he does not have the literal ocean on top of him and a kingdom that depends on him. As he sleeps, the girl can see that his calm figure does make her realize that she is slowly falling for him. As much as she despises the idea of love, she cannot deny it.

Though, the heart within her chest will deny it for as long as it can, and will continue to deny it until she knows that she's safe. All that the girl has ever done for herself is guard herself from those that wish her harm. Even if that means that she has to do nasty things to them. To make them understand that she will not be hurt, and she won't be ruined in the way that many girls her age are ruined, taken and ruined by men that want to control them in every way.

Looking up at the stars, Isolde can understand how simply it is to be calm in this room. The gazing of the stars show that the world is at peace, and she does not need to worry about anything at all. Nothing is going to harm her and nothing is going to happen to her now. At least not while she's in this room and under the watchful eyes of the stars. And also she has to protect Thomas who cannot protect himself in his slumber anyway, not would she wake him if danger came knocking on the door and not would she depend only on him.

The emerald green-eyed girl lies there in his arms and looks up at the stars. With her mind everywhere and yet nowhere at the same time. Doing her best to not look at the man that holds her in one place. His arms stronger enough to keep her there, almost protectively, and it annoys her but makes her heart beat faster at the same time. The way that he holds her, it makes her want more. Though, knowing she cannot have more, knowing that she cannot have him in the ways her body wants.

The stars sparkle with life when looking at them. The room remains as dark as ever and yet the stars are the only thing that Isolde needs to see. She doesn't need to know if the room holds anything else, and doesn't care for it either. The room has stars in them, and it is all that she needs. The stars are so bright and lovely that tearing her eyes away becomes the hardest thing that she can do. Thomas does not know it and if she has anything to say about it, he won't, but Isolde feels herself forgetting the pain of the things that have happened to her.