A New Beginning

I came to in a dimly lit room. I was laying on a velvet lined couch, a large white wool blanket on top of me. The room had an old fashioned, almost medieval look to it. I cocked my head to the left to see a brick fireplace. Sparks spit out from the orange fire that gave light to the otherwise pitch black room. Beside me was a small circular glass table. On top was a glass of water, some bandages, and some other painful looking medical supplies.

Oh no. I was in Dream's house. On his land. What would he do to me? Beside me lay a scalpel, some unlabeled potions, and various other tools I didn't want to know the intent of.

I pushed myself up on the couch, only to crumble back down. I let out a small yell of pain. My back was still messed up. My head was pounding.

I pushed back the woolen blanket to reveal myself. I was still wearing my attire, but it was clean now. My wound was wrapped and bandaged. Did that green-wearing creep actually have compassion in him? Better yet, if he was the one who washed my cloths and took care of my injury, wouldn't that mean-?

No. Nope. Not going to even think about the possibility of that.

The dark oak door in front of me made a creaking noise as it opened. I quickly threw the cover back over myself, and closed my eyes, pretending to sleep. Someone walked in and stopped in front of me. They crouched, which h I gathered from the creaking floors beside me, and pressed the back of their hand to my forehead.

"I know you're awake, dumbass." Dream's all too familiar voice spoke.

I opened my eyes, to see him crouched there, clipboard in hand, scribbling something down.

"Studying me now, huh?" I said through a string of painful coughs. "Nothing new I guess."

"Haha, very amusing." Dream responded. He mumbled to himself "102 fever. It should have gone down by now."

He looked confused, frustrated almost.

"How are you feeling?" Dream asked. But for the first time ever, he genuinely meant it. Still hated him though.

"Oh I'm doing just amazing." I responded, fighting against the burning pain in my throat. I breathed out a large sigh, followed by an uncontrollable coughing fit.

"Yea, I can see that." Dream remarked, before sitting the clipboard down. He reached to the small table beside me and retrieved a pink shimmering potion.

"Turn around, if you can." Dream said, standing up.

I used my arms to try and shove my self over. Splitting pain shot through my body. I grunted in response to the injury.

I felt a cooling sensation spread from my back, where Dream poured the potion, throughout my body.

"Okay, you're good." Dream said. "Oh and in case you were wondering, I had a friend of mine help take care of wrapping your injury and your cloths. I figured you might kill me if I laid a hand on you."

"Probably." I said, laughing and coughing.

I turned back around, not near as much pain the second time around.

"So what the hell happened to you?" Dream asked.

"Well." I said. "Let's just say I offended a plant."

"The egg." Dream spoke.

"Uh-huh." I responded.

"And who was it that stabbed you?" Dream asked.

"Bad." I spoke, still in disbelief that one of my best friends would do such a thing. "BBH stabbed me. And he intended on finishing the job."

"BAD?" Dream asked. He was surprised as me.

"I'm as shocked as you." I said.

"Huh. I thought you guys were a thing or something." Dream said.

"I mean we were great friends, still are, but it wasn't him, it was something else forcing him to-" I stopped. Realization dawned on me as to what Dream had just said. "WHAT? I wasn't dating him. At least as far as I was aware. Who gave you that idea?"

"Sapnap." Dream said.

"Of course." I said. "Well, even if we were, it wouldn't matter. He showed no remorse reaching in for a hug and then betraying me. Seems to be my destiny."

"Is he the one who poisoned you, too?" Dream asked.

I leaned up at this question.

"What?" I said. "I wasn't poisoned. At least as far as I know. Why?"

"Well besides your life threatening injury, you've been sick too. And no matter what I do, you aren't recovering."

The realization hit me. The effect of the wither blade hadn't gone away. It had penetrated beneath my skin and stayed.

"It's not poison." I said. "It's wither. Bad enchanted his blade. I figured he got the information from you somehow."

"I might be a bad person, but I wouldn't just tell everyone in the land how to kill you, y/n." Dream said. "Well then, I've been approaching healing you all wrong. I'll go fix something up that should actually be useful."

"Okay," I said. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but thank you Dream."

"Don't mention it." Dream said. "I'm serious, don't. I don't think either of us would like to admit our circumstances right now."

"How long was I out, by the way?" I asked.

"Eight days." Dream said. "I'll be back later. Let me know if you need anything."

"Okay." I responded.

And with that he left the way he came in, shutting the door behind his masked face gently.

I looked up to the old clock hanging on the wall.

2:30 am.

Wow. He's been coming in this late to help me for more than a week?

Maybe he did have a heart after all.

Author note:

Sorry this chapter was a bit shorter. Stuff is going to get really good soon I promise. I have plans for new character introductions such as Ranboo, Karl, and some others, but I'm here for your suggestions. I'm also planning on y/n reuniting with Tommy again, Technoblade's execution, and so much more!

Please give me ideas. I want to incorporate the things you guys want to see, so let me know!

Okay byeeee!