Chapter 4: Gaining Trust

Asher POV

It's been a day since Ender has come, and things have been interesting. Ender has been in no means easy, he seems to alway be on edge. Which is understandable as he's been living on the outside for who knows how long.

Though Mathew has gained some of his trust. An all it took was one coin, well that and being a dragon.

"So how long till you think he trusts all of us." I asked Ben, we just finished our chores and we're now waiting for dinner.

"Well it all really depends. How much he's given into his impulses. An how long he's lived on the outside world. Living out there, it changes you, and he's no doubt learned to not trust anyone." Ben said, knowing from experience.

"But you did right? I mean I know how hard it was for you. But once you got here you were a lot better. Couldn't that be the same thing for him?"

"I mean yeah, but I didn't give in as much as him, I only fed when I was hungry and for...money. It's a lot different then a dragon I mean we're different Beasts. It's a whole new thing to deal with." Ben said, looking to Asher who seems to be deep in thought.

"Is there hope for him?" Asher asked quietly.

"He's with us, of course there is. It might take a while, but I have hope. And you know me and my hopes they always happen." Ben said.
Going to Asher, he leans down to his height and kiss him.

"Yeah I do, thanks Ben. Your the best. Do you think he'll join us as well?"

"Now that I'm not to sure. But all that matters is that at least he's here with us. Who knows maybe he will." Ben said holding Asher close and lightly lifting his shirt up.

"Nope!" I said leaving the hug.

"What why! I consoled you!" Ben said defensively.

"Dinner is about to begin and I'm hungry." Asher said, crossing his arms and turned around.

"Well so am I, and I happen to know that you taste good." Ben said stomping his foot childishly.

"Hmph."

"Guys dinners ready!" Simon yelled and we all went to the dining area to eat. I turned around and saw the betrayed look of Ben.

"Meet me in my room and you might get to eat." Asher said and left to go get dinner.

Ben immediately caught up to me and the others in the dining room. We all sat at the table but didn't get the food yet. It was a rule, we couldn't eat till everyone was at the table. And currently Mathew and Ender weren't here.

"Come on Ender." I heard Mathew say, I turn and see Mathew was gently holding on Ender's hand. It was cute, and funny at the same time.

They were both dragons but they couldn't be anymore different. Mathew was tall and had muscles, with dark hair and dominant.

Ender was the complete opposite, he was tiny and meek looking. With soft, but sharp features, and had little to no muscle.

It was hard to believe that he was a dragon. But Mathew said that it had something to do with what dragon Ender was. I just hope  that he does trust us soon, and maybe even join our relationship in the best way.

I look to see that Ender was sitting close to Mathew. It seems that he earned his trust, and so soon to. This was good, I turn to the others and saw the small smile that they were baring.

Ender POV

I was sitting next to Mathew he gave me shiny things, and he talked. I don't mind him he's like me at least that's what he said. I'm not to sure what he means.

He pulled my seat closer to him and started cutting my food. He held it in front of me. It was a weird looking object, one that I wasn't familiar with. I'm not to sure what he wants me to do. But what I did notice, was how shiny it was.

He was holding it out to me, I'm not too sure what was on it. But he must be giving it to me, like he gave me the shiny coin.

An so I take it from his hand, and hold it closely to my chest. He's giving me another, how nice! Though there was something on it and it fell on my lap.
I didn't care at this moment.
Though what I did mind, was how dirty it was now. Because of what was on it.

"Haha, I mean I guess you could have it. But I was actually feeding you. You need to start eating more. So how about you keep that one. An I'll grab another one." Mathew said.

He got up and got another...object. He came back with a similar but not shiny object.

He put some food on it and held it out in front of me again.

"Open your mouth, it's okay. Simon made it. An he's a good chef, look the others think so to." Mathew said.
As he pointed to the others who are eating the food.

'They do seem to like it.' Ender thought.

As the food was held out I gave it a little lick. Nothing seems to be wrong with it and it tasted good. An so I open my mouth and took the first bit.

"Good isn't it?" Mathew asked as he heard my little moan of approval.

"Mmh" I said as I eat some more, as he put more on the object (spoon) and fed me more.

Mathew POV

I was glad that I gained his trust.
At least enough for me to feed him.

An it was only took a day and a shiny coin. An me being the same beast as him.

I sadly still didn't get him bathed, which he needs desperately. But for now that was a little less important, for now at least.

But I do have to say, it was quite cute that he took a spoon. He was still holding it tightly to his chest as he ate. But sadly he didn't eat much. I didn't expect him to, he's use to eating so small. But being a dragon regardless of what type, you eat a lot and he hasn't which can hinder a lot of dragnotic aspects.

He shook his head for a third time as I tried to feed him more. I sighed and took it away, he didn't eat even half of what was on the plate. Well that's gonna change soon.

But at least I gained enough of his trust to talk to him without him growling or snapping at me. Or biting.