Breakfast

She dragged me out of our apartment and into a close by cafe, it felt normal, weird! I'd just kissed Natasha Romanoff...not only that I'd spent a night cuddled into her after she'd warded off one of my nightmares. I wasn't even sure I was awake now. She sat across from me sipping coffee looking at me intensely. I was trying to get a read on her, now we were in public it felt like there was a cool professionalism about her again. I picked at my food while we sat in silence, I wasn't sure if I'd made the right choice by kissing her. After all my career is everything, if Fury heard about this...shit!

"So..." I started.
Her eyes snapped up, "we leave for Scotland tomorrow" I frowned, for once I wasn't about to ask what was next on the mission. Scotland though! I've always wanted to go there, odd I'm sure I only told her that a couple of days ago. Funny how things work out sometimes.
"What are we doing there?" Back to business then.
"Surveillance" she smirked and took a sip of coffee, I felt like I was missing out on a joke. I felt tired, it was early and as nice as sleeping in Natasha's arms was, the lack of sleep was catching up on me. I yawned, trying to hide it from her incase she thought I wasn't fit for the next part of the mission.

"Tired?" There was that flash of concern again. I couldn't lie to her, not after she'd seen me at my most vulnerable last night so I nodded.
"Not surprised" she let her fingers brush over mine, "You were shivering for a while even after you fell asleep...."
"I was?" I couldn't remember, "I thought you fell asleep before me?" I'm sure her eyes were closed when I checked.
She shook her head "no, I was going to stay with you until you fell asleep and then head to bed, but you wouldn't let me go"
That's embarrassing! I felt myself going red, I thought she'd stayed by choice.
"Oh right- sorry" I mumbled beginning to move my hand away from hers.
"I liked it" she intertwined her fingers in mine stopping me move my hand away. My breath caught in my throat.
"We could go catch up on some sleep if you like?" She asked innocently. I bit my lip looking at our hands, I hope she meant together, I wanted to feel the warmth of her arms again. When I looked back up her gaze was burning into me, she looked like she wanted to rip my clothes off.
"Come on then Agent" she stood up, "let's get you back to bed"
"I have a name you know..." I started, I didn't mind her calling me agent but sometimes I felt like she couldn't be bothered to remember my name.
"Hmm I know...but I like agent, makes me feel in charge" she smirked again, I don't think she needed to call me agent to feel in charge.

We got back to the apartment and I headed straight to bed. My eyes felt heavy, she didn't follow me. Maybe she wanted to nap in different beds. I could worry about that later, right now I felt like a walking zombie. I feel into bed and pulled the blanket over me, I was just staring to fall asleep when I felt the mattress shift. She got into bed behind me and swung an arm around my waist pulling me into her. My body relaxed at her touch, boy was this unprofessional. She let her fingers drift over my side, then my stomach, she seemed to linger at my waist band, I felt my breathing speed up, part of me wanted her to move her hand lower but then again that really would be crossing the line!

Her lips brushed at my neck making my hairs stand on end. I couldn't handle it. I spun round to face her.
"You're meant to be sleeping agent"
"You're very distracting" my eyes lingered on her lips, I wanted to feel them against every inch of my skin.
"Rich coming from you" she tilted my chin up with her finger so I was looking into her eyes.
"Huh?" I've not been doing anything distracting.
"I'll tell you some other time" she lent into kiss me, in the excitement I crashed into her nose. Not my smoothest moment. She smiled and slowly pulled me in again, this time our lips met, I parted mine to let her tongue into my mouth. I pulled her closer into me as she slid a thigh between my legs. I moaned into her mouth, as her tongue danced with mine. Her fingers ran up the back of my head, gripping my hair. She pulled me away from her.
"Sleep agent" she smirked, "there'll be plenty of time for this...if it's what you want"
She rolled onto her back and pulled me into her chest. I found myself once again snuggling into her. Of course it was what I wanted, right?

I thought about it as my mind began to quieten. Why wouldn't I? It dawned on me that she knew how career driven I'd been up until now. Would anything between her effect that? I understood in that moment she was giving me a chance to back out, to think about the consequences. I wasn't sure if there'd be any... would there?