01. MARKINGS

GOY2
CHAPTER ONE: MARKINGS

stiles usually twitched a lot in his sleep, but never as much as the past few weeks

stiles usually twitched a lot in his sleep, but never as much as the past few weeks. aurora hadn't slept well for a while, but she couldn't bring herself to leave the boy besides her. the blonde girl couldn't bare the thought of her raven haired lover awakening by himself, with no one to comfort him and run their hands through his hair until his eyes finally fell shut again.

that's why she looked like a zombie as she walked through the school. her tiny palm was wrapped in stiles' larger one, his grip iron tight. rory's tired, dainty legs were having trouble keeping up with him as a yawn fell past her lips, free hand rubbing tenderly at her left eye.

"hey, don't do that." the boy besides her mumbled, his free hand lightly grasping her wrist and pulling it away from her eye. "you'll hurt yourself. you know that."

a grumble was the only form of reply.

footsteps thudded in front of them. the two lovers looked up, their brown eyes widening at the sight of scott mccall seemingly running away from his shadow. the brunette was panting and thrashing as he moved as quickly as he could. rory had barely ever seen such a scared look in his eye.  he was running down the steps at such a speed, it must have hurt when he bumped into stiles.

"hey, hey!" stiles had to let go of his angel's hand, holding scott by his shoulders. the latter was practically shaking, eyes scattering between stiles and rory. "you all right?" although concerned, stiles couldn't help but despise the sight of scott. especially after the dreams he'd been having.

scott nodded.

"you don't look okay." aurora mumbled, tired eyes wide. in fact, both of the boys in front of her didn't look okay. stiles looked to his side, the corners of his lips dropping. it hurt to even see them interacting.

"i am. i'm okay."

"no you're not. i-it's happening to stiles, and it's happening to you too." she continued, dainty fingers pointing between the two. "the darkness that your boss spoke about..."

"you're seeing things, aren't you?" stiles spoke up.

"how'd you know?"

"because it's happening to all three of you." a new voice joined their conversation, making rory jump in her spot. she really needed a nap. lydia stood behind them, allison trailing along behind her, as though she looked sheepish and shaken up.

things really never did get better.

lydia was enjoying the three's demise a little too much. the redhead walked to the front of the group, a smug smile on her coated lips. her heels clipped with every strut. stiles, allison and scott were much less amused. rory, on the other hand, felt like a zombie, and as per usual, had very little clue as to what was going on. "well, well, look who's no longer the crazy one."