Chapter 35: Surprise Guests?

Live with your chest high. If you get knocked down by your own weakness and cowardice, flame up your heart, grit your teeth, and move forward.
                                                   ~Kyojuro Rengoku

"N-Novis!?"

"Y-Y/N!?"

You and Novis were gaping at each other in shock.

Wasn't Novis suppose to be in a different time line?

You took a look at her. She had similar hair texture and color as you. She possessed the same ethereal skin tone as you. You guys could pass off as twins, the only thing different was her clothing and hairstyle due to her timeline.

"H-hold on, what am I doing here!? What happened? One moment I was running away from Daemonium, and now I crash onto an unknown place that has my ancestor being held down in an unknown object." Novis pointed with wide eyes.

You took note of the way she spoke, she's not familiar with our world.

"Novis, could you help me out of these restraints?" You croaked. Novis nodded and began to walk towards you. She seemed to have calmed down a bit.

She placed her palm on the restraint and her hand began to glow before fading away.

"Ah, sorry! I'm a bit rusty!" Novis began to chuckle sheepishly. She then slammed her fist on the restraint, causing a loud sound to echo throughout the whole room.The iron straps began to disintegrate.

You looked at the disintegrated material falling off your hand. Your eyes were staring in an admirable way. She then did the same to your other hand and legs.

"Thank you Novis, my body was starting to go numb!" You gratefully thanked her. She nodded with a cute smile before it disappeared.

"Wait, what's that sound?! I'm hearing thumping sounds coming from above and it's leading to here. I can hear multiple." Novis said resting her left palm on the ground and holding the other up to her ear.

'It must be those idiots that left me here.' You internally sneered.

'Wait, I could get them back!' You mischievously grinned. Novis began to stare at you as if you started doing weird flips out of nowhere. You forgot how she could read your mind, and how her power was way greater than yours.

"Novis, I have a plan it's going to be fun!" You told Novis, who began to get excited at the word fun.

"Oh, I love fun!" She squealed.

You began to chant Latin spells that you learned from Seojun's books. Your appearance was slowly changing. You had changed your hairstyle and clothing that was now similar to Novis's.