Thirty-one

Before you read this go read chapter 5 again. I did editing to it that is essential for this chapter. Go read it or part of this won't make sense!

Alyx's POV

"You were swooning" Glenn whispered in my ear as Daryl continued to rock the baby back and forth. I slapped his chest with the back of my hand and scoffed.

"Whaaat? I was not...You, uh, I-I, um... Look Glenny!" I pointed behind him and he turned around aimlessly.

"What?" He looked back at me and I flicked his forehead.

"Is that like your new thing?" He asked me, flicking my forehead back.

"Yes, which is why only I can do it" I said, flicking his again. He flicked me again, so I flicked him, so he flicked me.

"Enough! Children children, Please!" Riley scolded us as she stood on a stool to be our height. "As you can see, the redneck is really a big softie. We should savor this moment" She said, gesturing towards Daryl and baby Grimes. "I know Alyx is" She mumbled to Glenn, expecting me not to hear.

I gasped and out my hand over my heart, pretending to be hurt by her sarcastic remark.

"Excuse you, Mrs. Carl Grimes" I teased, flicking her forehead. Her eyes went wide and she blushed while Glenn sniggered. We feel into a comfortable silence after that.

The whole night, Daryl wouldn't let anyone else hold the baby. Everyone went to their cells, except Daryl and I. He kept rocking the baby back and forth, shushing her and comforting her. He sat on the stairs with her asleep, tucked into his side.

"She likes you" I said, sitting next to him and laying my head in his shoulder.

"She's lil', She likes everyone" He mumbled.

"Sure, you big softie" I said, repeating Riley's words from before. He shot me a fake glare which made me laugh .

"Wanna put her to sleep now?" I asked. It was getting late and we should head to sleep too. He looked at me and nodded, we stood up and walked to Carls cell.

We looked in and saw Riley in their with him, they sat in the bed opposite each other. Carl leaned in, as did Riley but before they could kiss Daryl grunted. They instantly flew away from each other, Carl fell backwards and off the bed. He looked up at us and groaned, Riley blushed and got off the bed.

"Yeah, so Carl thanks for the comic book" She nervously said as she fled out of the cell. I laughed at Carls awkwardness as he readjusted his hat and cleared his throat. Me and Daryl had goofy smiles on our faces as we stood there with baby Grimes gurgling and making weird noises.

"I think she wants her brother" I said, poking her little nose. Daryl handed her I Carl and he cuddled her close to his chest. He gently placed her in the crib we made from old boxes and sat on his bed.

Watching Carl made me think of my brothers. I usually don't think about them, or tell anyone about them for that matter.

"You remind me of my brothers" I told Carl.

"You had brothers?" He asked, shocked that I've never mentioned them before.

"Yup, they were twins and they we're only half but I loved them just as much." I said. Daryl looked at me sadly.

"Do you know where your dad went?" I asked Carl as he took off his shoes and got settled in bed. He shook his head no and I sighed. I have him a kiss on the cheek and told him goodnight.

Together, Daryl and I walked back to our cell, hand in hand, to go to sleep.

"Watcha think in' bout?" Daryl asked as he laid down on the bed with one arm behind his head.