55 - worry

Isabella POV

I was checking on Beth while trying to keep pressure on her wound when she passed out. Mariana was trying to reason with the Isaac's when I heard another shot. I instantly started crying fearing it was Penelope.

"ON THE GROUND NOW!" I heard multiple people yelling before I looked up to see it was police officers and Michael was the one who had gotten shot. Karen was slowly making her way to the ground as Penny was still in Michael's grasp.

Michael wasn't moving and the police wouldn't let Mariana near Penny yet.

"Ma'am, we need you to back up to help her okay?" I heard a gentle voice speak and I looked up seeing it was one of the paramedics. I nodded my head as I leaned back onto my heels since I had been on me knees.

Everything felt like it was in slow motion as I saw Penny being carried by paramedics and Mariana quickly following behind her. I went with Beth since I knew Penny had someone. They were loading Beth into the ambulance and I quickly jumped in.

As they pulled away, I grabbed my wife's hand and held it tightly in mine. Beth stayed unconscious the entire drive to the hospital. When we arrived, surgeons quickly rushed her into surgery since there was not an exit hole able to be seen.

A nurse took me to the waiting room to wait on Beth to get out of surgery. Everything felt silent until Mariana walked in carrying a distraught Penny. Penny saw me and immediately reached her arms out to me.

I took her from Mariana who looked equally as distraught and cuddled with her. We didn't say anything as we sat in that waiting room. Penny laid her head on my chest as I laid my head on Mariana's shoulder.

It was several hours later when a doctor finally came out. "Family of Bethany James?"

We all stood up, Penny still in my arms as we walked over to the doctor. He gave us a gentle smile before speaking again. "Bethany is out of surgery and doing well. We were worried because there was not an exit hole for the bullet, but it was just lodged in some muscle tissue. It did not hit any major organs or arteries. She is going to need to rest it for the next several weeks and she will probably be in physical therapy to get full range of motion back. She is in recovery and you'll be able to see her as soon as she wakes up." The doctor told us and I sighed in relief seeing Mariana do the same.

We said our thank yous to the doctor before going back to sit down. "Mommy going to be okay?" Penny asked as we sat down and I was able to give her a genuine smile.

"Yes sugarplum, mommy is going to be okay." I told her and she nodded her head with a big smile before resting it back on my chest.

I turned slightly to look at Mariana, "What's the verdict on Penny? Was there any major damage done to her?" I asked quietly and Mariana shook her head no with a relieved smile.

"Nope, no concussion or anything. They said she might have a headache, but they gave her some meds already." Mariana told me and I felt relieved.

Bethany POV

I slowly woke up still feeling pain in my shoulder. I was no longer in the cemetery, but instead I was at the hospital. I started to panic realizing I didn't know what had happened to Penny.

My monitors started going crazy causing a nurse to rush in. "Ma'am, I need you to calm down. You just got out of surgery." She tried to calm me down but I shook my head.

"Where's my daughter? I need my daughter!" I asked panicked.

"She's in the waiting room with your wives. We wanted to wait until you woke to bring them back here. I can go get them." She reasoned and I relaxed hearing that Penny was here with them.

I nodded my head softly and gave her a thank you. Shortly after that, Mariana was walking in with Bella behind her who was holding my baby.

Penny saw me and immediately reached out for me. "My baby!" I shouted happily as Bella sat her down next to me on my good side. She immediately latched on to my waist and I ran my fingers through her hair.

"Hi mommy." Penny said quietly and I smiled.

"Hello my baby. Are you okay?" I asked her and she nodded.

"I okay mommy, are you okay?" She asked and I could tell she was worried. I nodded my head quickly hoping to relieve some of that worry.

"Yes baby, mommy is okay." I paused when I saw my wives expressions. "Mommy has a bum shoulder and will have that for a few weeks and will need physical therapy. But I'm so much better now that you are here little one." I looked up to my wives this time.

"I'm so much better knowing you all are here." I told them quietly as both Bella and Mariana reached over to kiss my forehead.

"We are so happy that you are okay love." Mariana spoke quietly.

"We love you so much babe." Bella whispered with tears in her eyes. I gave her a concerned look before mouthing to ask if she had helped me. She slowly nodded her head yes and I motioned for her to come to me so I could kiss her.

"I'm sorry my love." I whispered to her knowing that she was the one that held pressure to my wound and had to see me like that.

"It's okay. You're here, and you're okay." She reassured me and I nodded. I leaned over to kiss Mariana too before finally kissing the top of Penny's head. On to recovery I guess. 

A/N: Another short chapter since I decided I won't be mean lol. I am fearing the end of this story soon, not for awhile, at least 15 more chapters, but I feel it's starting to come to a close.