Chapter 80 to 89

CHAPTER 80 [Macbeth Twenty One]

Lang Qiao didn't know what was going on with Luo Wenzhou. She waited with her heart in her throat for ages, thinking their Captain China had once again gone in alone to some spider demon's Cavern of Silken Webs. She didn't dare to leave, prepared for him to call for backup.

In the end, no cry for help came. She only received an order to keep her mouth shut.

Luo Wenzhou said: "Keep what I asked you about before secret. If you behave, I'll bring you some red braised pork another day. If you dare to leak it, you'll be the main ingredient!"

Lang Qiao: "..."

She thought that if her willpower had been a little weaker, she would have become the first eldest princess in human history to commit patricide over red braised pork.

As Policewoman Lang cursed her boss for a scoundrel, she ungrudgingly arranged the information related to all sides of Zhou Junmao's case.

The whole day of sudden happenings was truly dazzling. The whole city was welcoming the weekend while looking on at the wealthy family drama. Only the City Bureau, with a new wave rising as soon as the last one had calmed, was still working overtime.

"I arranged to go see a movie with a schoolmate this weekend." Lang Qiao hung off the door of the conference room. Pressing her fingers to her eyelids to avoid unnecessary lines around her eyes, face expressionless, she wailed, "Why do we have to work overtime again, it's such a pain!"

Luo Wenzhou quickly walked up behind her, casually asking, "A male classmate or a female classmate?"

Lang Qiao said, "...female."

"What do you want to hang around with a bunch of girls all day for? You aren't a lesbian." Luo Wenzhou carelessly waved a hand. "It's better to work overtime than go to a movie with a girl. At least here you'll get the princess treatment."

"Good grief, what rotten country's princess gets ordered around like a donkey? The kind that's doomed to total annihilation and the burning of its ancestral tombs, I think." Lang Qiao rolled her eyes at Luo Wenzhou's back, then gave Fei Du a strange look. "Hey, President Fei, why haven't you left yet?"

Fei Du didn't answer, because he'd pondered it the whole way and still couldn't understand why he, as a temporary member of staff, had to come back to ungrudgingly work overtime with them.

Therefore he could only smile at Lang Qiao.

When he came into the conference room and sat down, Fei Du finally said to Luo Wenzhou, "I don't think I get overtime pay."

"No need to think, you don't even get a salary, just a bit of a subsidy for the project," Luo Wenzhou said. Without waiting for Fei Du to answer, he added, "Though given our salary, the difference between having it and not having it is the difference between zero and nearly zero. Do you care?"

Fei Du: "..."

Luo Wenzhou had stolen his lines, leaving nothing behind. There was no place to start ridiculing. He could only straighten his clothes and sit upright.

As soon as she entered the conference room, Lang Qiao professionally set aside her cherished idea of a movie and gave a careful analysis of the state of affairs. "Right now there are two things that we can basically determine: first, Zhou Huaijin's kidnapping really was a performance he put on himself. Hu Zhenyu was evidently his accomplice, and he's been brought along for questioning, as well. Second, Zhou Huaixin really was killed by Dong Xiaoqing. There are security camera tapes and eyewitnesses, no room for dispute. But we have no clear suspect or motive for Dong Xiaoqing being killed in order to silence her soon after, nor for the fire set at her house. But according to our inferences, it's likely it was related to Dong Xiaoqing's objective to assassinate Zhou Huaijin."