51

Announcement and question at the end :)

...

Two Months Later - July 

Harry

"So December 13th for the release date?" Jeffrey asks me as him and I currently sit in his Los Angeles office, discussing details relating to my new and upcoming album. 

I left New York about three weeks ago, much to my dismay. Unfortunately, however, I needed to get back to California to record the final songs for the album, as well as have meeting after meeting with my team. It's mainly just been Jeffrey and I but on the occasion someone from Columbia or Fullstop will come in to talk to me. 

It's quite intimidating, actually. I think everyone is under the impression that this album is going to be bigger than my last and I definitely feel the pressure from that. My stress levels have been at an all time high and I mildly feel like I might break out into panic attack.

It's also been especially taxing because mine and Amelia's schedules haven't been lining up. Along with the time difference, we're struggling to find a rhythm and get in sync since we're both so immersed in our jobs. I've been busy every single day since I left New York, but Amelia has been, too. She's been working with her boss and stressing about finding a publishing company to take a chance on her's and Robin's book. I told her it'll all fall into place but I don't think that did anything to help ease her mind. 

I really do believe, though, that something somehow will pull through for her. She's deserving of it and I'm not just saying that because I'm biased. When we were in New York together we talked about how she actually put the book together. She had hundreds of emails, text messages, and voicemails from Robin (which I got to listen to - I bawled my eyes out) that she needed to sort through. She also had stacks of papers that he had messily scribbled down ideas on. It was a bloody wreck and I have no idea how she managed to put it together into a cohesive novel but somehow she did and she did a damn good job. 

Just for that I think she deserves some sort of compensation or award. She told me it was emotionally taxing for her and especially because she couldn't tell me. She said it caused her a great deal of stress and random bouts of depression. I felt fucking guilty when she let that slip because that was also around the same time when she was struggling with her own personal difficulties. She didn't need anymore stress. I also wish I knew so I wouldn't have been such a complete dick. 

Although would that have made me more of a dick? I should be there for her all the time, not just when I'm expected to be or when she's hurting...

I'm trying to be better. We both are. 

But yeah, I definitely think the book will get picked up eventually. Those publishing companies would be fools to pass up on that story. Besides how personal it is to me, it's beautifully written and tells the haunting story of Robin's thought process during his final months. It's touching and I think it could help others who are in Robin's position.

Selfishly, I also need it to get picked up soon. I need Amelia in a stable position because not only am I working out details for my new album but I'm also planning my world tour coming up. It's going to be bigger than my first one and I need Amelia to be in a secure spot career wise so she can come with me if she wants to. I know it's a little self-centered but I don't know if I can handle a whole year without my lovebug. 

Actually, I know I can't. 

"Yeah," I say after a moment of hesitation. I lean back in my chair and cross my arms over my chest. "That's not bad luck is it?" I suddenly ask, my eyes widening. "To release an album on Friday the 13th..."