twenty °

"seriously?" hyejin exclaimed in disbelief as the boy in front of her smiled goofily

"seriously?" hyejin exclaimed in disbelief as the boy in front of her smiled goofily. "you lied to mrs eun just for this? i can't believe you did that!"

"well she believed me anyways," jaemin shrugged as a matter of fact. "plus, i got to buy these!" the boy smiled as he reached for the tiny pink paper bag behind him, dumping its contents out.

"ooh now i see that you're not a crybaby anymore and you actually decided to ask the staff!" hyejin grinned, inspecting the different types of makeup in the bag.

"sike you thought," jaemin spoke with a smug smile. "i asked jeno about different makeup and looked at the lipsticks one by one, i would be caught dead asking the staff because i'd probably stutter so much."

hyejin tsked in response, stirring her cup of coffee while jaemin still had the same smug look on. the two were now in a café after mrs eun's seemingly never ending biology class, and jaemin had shamelessly boasted about his lie of seeing a doctor to mrs eun in order to shop with hyejin as he was unaware that hyejin also had class and was unavailable.

"regardless, you picked out some really pretty shades!" hyejin praised jaemin as she placed everything back into the bag. jaemin, on the other hand, was grinning from ear to ear.

"i'm glad you think that," jaemin replied as he placed the bag in front of hyejin, who was staring at him, puzzled. "these are for you!"

"what about your sister?" hyejin was way beyond confused, did jaemin just ask her to pick and buy her own present?

"i lied," jaemin took a sip of his coffee, fully enjoying the bitter taste of it. "i never had a sister in the first place, i just wanted to get you a gift."

"no you did not," hyejin let out a loud gasp, not quite believing what had just happened. the na jaemin buying her a present? absurd.

the boy giggled at hyejin's reaction, finding it rather entertaining. "but i didn't get you anything! jaemin i can't just take this from you and not give you anything," hyejin babbled, pushing the paper bag back to jaemin.

"what is this now, trading? i'm giving this to you as a gift so there's no need in giving me back anything!" jaemin stifled a laugh, still entertained by hyejin's response.

"next time, i swear jaemin, i will get you something," hyejin held her fists up in the air with a look of determination, making jaemin crack up and laugh.