New Captain America

You woke up by the sunlight hitting your tired face. You stretched your legs and your arms, standing up from the couch quickly to get out of the apartment. You glanced over to the unmade mattress, with the pillow and blanket scattered on the floor.

You hear the shower running in the bathroom. Your eyes widened as you rushed to your clothes that was on the counter. You slipped off the boxers and put on your pants.

"Stupid-" You whispered harshly to yourself and were interrupted by a shirtless Bucky walking out of the bathroom.

"Leaving?" He questioned you, rubbing the towel on his hair. He studied you, your whole body.

"No." You lied straight through your teeth. You then button your pants and lifted up your shirt to untuck it from your pants. Bucky glanced away for a moment, respectfully.

You noticed and smiled lightly, "But I should get going." Your eyes met the door.

Bucky nods as he digs in his drawer for a shirt.

Your eyes widened at him, nonchalantly.

While he digs, you help yourself to the remote on the counter. You turn on the tv, revealing the news. Your eyes widened at the fact, that there was a new Captain America around.

"Bucky." You grab his attention while your eyes did not leave the tv.

The tv read, "John Walker named the New Captain America"

You glanced up at Bucky, who's eyes looked confused and angry.

"Look, I'm no Tony Stark or Dr. Banner. But I have big shoes to fill."

"Who the hell is this guy?" You shot up, angrily at the tv. Bucky doesn't say a word. He's focused into the television.

"You always saw yourself as a hero?"

"Steve Rogers gave me hope. I always known I wanted to protect other people."

You scoffed, tucking in your lips. Bucky noticed how much this bothered you.

"Who is he thinking he can just take the shield?" You shot angrily. You then shot up and turn off the tv, grabbing your things. "Come on."

"What-where-?"

"Let's go give a friend a big, warm welcome." You shot sarcastically to Bucky. You walked out of Bucky's sad apartment and hurried down the stairs.

"Wait, Y/N." Bucky stood in front of you, blocking your way.

"No! Sam was the last one to have it and he gave it to that guy?" Every time you mentioned it, your voice became dull.

"There is a more rational way to do this." Bucky tried to change your mind, but you were already hot headed.

"Sam just threw the shield away! Like it was nothing!" You yelled. Your voice echoed through the stairwell.

Your face turned apologetic, noticing how you raised your voice to Bucky. "I'm going to go see him, if you don't want to follow me, just go back to your apartment and we'll just never see each other again." You motioned to the door.

Bucky sucked his teeth. "Y/N."

"I'm serious." You gave Bucky a final reminder in a serious tone.

Bucky stares at you, knowing how serious you were. He sighed in an annoyed way and signals his head towards the exit. "Fine, but could you just pretend to be nice? Sam's a good man."

"Of course." Your voice went high and Bucky noticed, eyes widening. "Okay! Fine!" You gave in so easily but there was no promises made.