I Have a Family, But You Are Not Them

There were too many voices. All of them overlapping, asking questions Tommy didn't have an answer too. They were loud, overbearing. They made Tommy's skull pound, and ache. All he wanted was his family, his dads, his brother. He wanted to go home, and build to his heart's content. He wanted to participate in fake wars, and different challenges. He wanted to be safe.

But none of that was happening. And he couldn't comprehend why.

"Everyone, quiet! And back up! Give him space!" At that one exclamation, the room falls silent. Tommy breathes a sigh of relief, before tensing even more.

He looks up. He's in a big room, full of people. There's so many of them, most of them men. They all look so very different from each other, and a lot of them have hybrid traits, like him. But none of them were his family.

"Where's- Where's dad? O-Or Boo?" He asks softly, backing himself up into the farthest corner of his bed, curling into himself, knees tucked under his chin.

A blond man with a bucket hat frowns at that, along with a brunette wearing a brown beanie, and a piglin hybrid with red eyes that resembled rubies.

"Tommy, I am your dad." The blond man whispers quietly, and Tommy instantly shakes his head.

"No- No- Where's dad? Where's papa? Or Boo?" Tommy's starting to panic, where is his family when he needs them.

"Tommy-" a woman starts with blond hair, but Tommy cuts her off.

"No- I want my family! I need them! Where's Boo?!" He's so very, very alarmed. All of these faces are new, yes, but each one sends him thoughts of bad things. He just wants his family, he wants to be tucked into a giant build, his twin by his side, or messing with the redstone contraptions, or just, anywhere but here.

"Tommy, we are your family. There's no one else." A man with ram horns starts, but Tommy quickly shakes his head.

"No-No- You're- I don't know you! I just want my family!"

His hands start flapping, eyes wide, panic overflowing every single one of his senses. His breathing picks up, and he can barely see. He can feel his brain start to open a bit, calling out for his twin, whose soul is bound to his, and who his soul is bound to. He curls into an even tighter ball, covering his ears as the strangers that scream danger grow loud again. He shuts his eyes tight, wishing this be a nightmare, but he's already pinched himself 4 times to no avail.

He stills and silences when he feels a familiar hand touch the top of his. He snaps his eyes open, eyes, leaving his ears, and looks up. Sitting there with a small smile is his papa, wings spread out, and making him feel safe.

"Papa!" He exclaims in relief, launching himself into his papa's waiting arms. He clings to him, hot tears streaming down his cheeks. His father holds him tight, running one hand through his dirty and matted hair, the other holding his cheek. He hums softly, a soothing tune, and Tommy lets himself be held.

"Can you tell me what happened, TomToms?" He asks softly, and Tommy nods slowly.

"They-They're scary, and scream danger, and I don't know them. I just wanna go home." He mutters, and his papa nods.

"Of course sweetie! Uncle X is here, and you guys are going to go see auntie Stress, False and Cleo, and uncle Tango, Scar, Impulse, Ethos, and everyone else, okay my little bird?" He continues to speak softly, still threading his fingers through Tommy's hair.

Tommy nods, and barely feels the shift as he is handed off to Xisuma, and teleported away.

Now, let's back up a bit, shall we?

Ranboo could feel it in his soul. After they had been allowed to go server hopping when they were 13 (time in Hermitcraft moved slower than everywhere else, so where as they were 13 there, they were practically 16 or 17 everywhere else in terms of years, but not body and brian development, plus, they would continue to age and grow as slow as they did in their home server, so they were really only 14, or 15 right then and there). Tommy went to a place called the Dream SMP. Ranboo started grinding in Hypixel.

For years, he had felt something happening. Tommy went from Tommy, ot always sad and depressed, full of strife and the sting of betrayal. He only stayed away because Tommy asked him to, and he would do anything for Tommy. But, he knew, deep in his soul, something was very wrong. Tommy was slowly, but steadily, building up a call for him.

So, of course, the logical thing to do was to go see their parents and other family members. He called in a quick favor, and made it to his home server easily. He called an impromptu meeting, and a lot of people came, while a lot of people also weren't there. Some of them were busy, he knew, but they loved Tommy all the same.

"What's up, Boo?" His papa asks as soon as everybody that came has settled down.

He sighs. "Something is very, very wrong with Tommy. He's been full of very sad and bad feelings since joining DSMP, but he begged me not to come, so I didn't. But I can feel it beneath my eyelids, he's about to call, and something big is happening. I- I honestly don't know what to do." He explains.

"Boo, you said the DSMP, right?" Mumbo asks after a minute of silence.

The end hybrid nods.

"I heard a lot of bad things happened there, but are finally getting better. Maybe something made him finally snap, yeah? Tommy's more stubborn than a mule, and would never call for you, and in extension us, unless really needed." He explains, and Ranboo almost topples over as he feels a major pull in his gut.

"X, we need in, now. We'll get him, give him to you, and you bring him here, okay? Cleo, Tango, False, Stress, Scar, Impulse, Etho, Iskall, and Bdubs, we need you on high alert. We don't know what type of breakdown this could be. Mumbo, Boo, and I are going to talk with the inhabitants of the DSMP once he's out." Grian lays out the plan easily, and they all nod.

"Teleporting in 5." X says, and they barely have enough time to wish them good luck before the 4 of them teleport away.

"Anyone care to explain what happened?" Grian asks, voice hard, once Tommy is out. He barely ever gets serious, preferring to be the jokester and the prankster, as well as the friendly one, and a genuinely good friend (not that the rest of the Hermits weren't).

"After the explosions, he got knocked out. He was out for 2 weeks, and in that time span, all of us had come to an agreement. We all love Tommy, and hate to see him hurt. He woke up, and panicked, asking for his family. He didn't recognize any of us. And we're just confused on why he knew you guys." Dream explains.

"Tommy is my twin, and these are our fathers. We were raised by the hermits. Now, what is this about an explosion? Give us the full history of what happened once Tommy got here, and we might leave peacefully." Ranboo replies, eyes narrowed as he takes in everybody.

And so they do, different people piping in at times. And by the time they are finished, the 3 of them are pissed. But they hold back, besides Ranboo, who's about ready to kill them all.

Grian places a gentle, reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Boo, we all know even though they did a lot to Tommy, that once he gets his memory back, he doesn't want them dead. Plus, they aren't worth our time. All that matters is helping Tommy, yeah? He needs us."

Ranboo nods, but glares at the DSMP members.

"Now, let me make myself clear. If you get anywhere near my son without his permission, you are dead. Every single Hermit is not afraid to throw down with you. And yeah, some of you might be more popular, but know this, we are all more powerful than you will ever be able to comprehend. Next time, don't mess with the wrong people."

With not even a wave goodbye, they are gone. And they leave behind a stunned, fractured family.