Drift Away (1/2)

"Deo, I want you to remember, family and friends are important, but so are you! Take care of yourself as well, brother."

Tommy couldn't remember much, here on this planet, in this garden he made.

"Luke, you gotta make it! I know you know what I'm talking about! A promise is a promise, big man! Also, on a serious note, I love you, my brother."

He remembered coming here, with his family(?). He remembered making the garden after they left. He remembered them telling him to "Stay, and we'll be back soon".

"Wisp, I forgive you. I know... I know you never wanted to do that, and I know what Techno and Phil are like to people who don't agree with them. Just- come home, soon, please. We all miss you, and forgive you, and we just want you here, with us. Goodbye, brother."

Sometimes, they came back. Small intervals. They brought gifts. Jewels, and jewelry and fine stuff. They never stayed longer than a few hours though. Enough to store the valuables, recall their adventure, and then leave again.

"Bitzel, take care of Henry for me! I need him safe! I love you brother, take care of them all."

They were gone for months, or years on end, he believes. Time was wonky in his garden. But, he stayed and he tended to his garden.

"Ranboob! My man! Love you, brother! Be wary of Tubbo, and don't forget the others."

It didn't matter as he felt his sanity slowly slipping away. It didn't matter as he forgot how to talk properly. It didn't matter as the others just stopped coming back. He was fine.

"Wilbur... Wilbur, I'll never forget you, but I will also never forgive you."

He was perfectly fine. Tending to his gardens. Counting the treasures. Staying put.

"You're right, Techno. Heroes don't get a happy ending. And even though I'm not a hero, neither do I."

He wasn't sure when his feelings started slipping. Wasn't sure when it all just became a routine. Wasn't sure when everything became a chore.

"You know me, Phil? You can't even remember my damn birthday! So don't spread lies that I'm your son. We aren't related, asshole."

He liked his gardens (not as much anymore). He liked his family (why can't I leave? Why do I have to wait for the group of them?). He was perfectly fine (someone, anyone, please! Get me out! I beg of you!).

"Tubbo, get help. You need to learn how to actually be a good friend, and not just to people you think are valuable assets and so forth. I might've considered you a friend, but I know for a fact you never considered me one."

Poppies. Scorpion grasses. Roses. Lilies. Dahlias. Daisies. Holly. Calla lilies. Lavender. Daffodils. Common bluebells. Hyacinths. Irises. Lilacs. Primroses. Violets. Daphnes. Carnations. Marigold. Jasmin. Sunflowers. Hazel. Lilies of the Incas. Pansies. Honeysuckles. Petunias. Chrysanthemums. Buttercups. Passion flowers. Peonies. Bellflowers. Hibiscus. Larkspur. Tulips. Periwinkles. Lilies of the Valley. Lilies of the Nile.

So many flowers. All his.

"Fundy, I'm sorry about everything. I know this is all my fault, and I know it hurts. Wilbur was never my father, nor my brother, despite how the history books might portray it. He was my closest friend, my confidante, before... everything. And I can't understand what it's like to lose a father, but I just want you to know, you are loved. Just... stay with Niki, and Eret, and Ranboo and 5up. They love you, you just gotta let them. Especially 5up."