Healing (2/2)

Tommy learns, with the Hermits, that life can actually be good.

He didn't really know that life wasn't all wars and fighting and exile and betrayal. He was 9 when he was sent into full scale wars. Before that, he was just a random street orphan, scrambling for food and the means to live every day. He's never known peace, or love, or silence. Not comfortable versions of them, at least.

That peace that happened after winning their independence and before the election? That was short lived and tense. The love that he got from his 'family' and 'friends' was never real, and half assed. That silence he experienced in exile? That was stifling and hot and made him feel terrible.

He didn't know there were moments where you were allowed to be happy. That there were moments and times where fighting wasn't necessary. Where being loud and fake angry wasn't needed to mask his emotions. Where food wasn't low and living wasn't a question with an answer of maybe.

The Hermits take the time to teach him that. They take the time to help him heal with his childhood trauma. They take the time to get to know the real him, beneath the loud words and angry exclamations and curses. They take the time to actually be his family and love him like no 'family' he ever has before had.

It's been 2 years since he was teleported here, to Hermitcraft and to his family. It's his birthday, and he is beyond happy to have people who actually remember his birthday. They are having a party, in a clearing they found. He's excited.

He's having the time of his life. Laughing and pulling small pranks with Grian. Talking redstone with Mumbo and Iskall while Jrumbot, Grumbot, and Grian stare, confused. Making flower crowns with Stress. Sparring with False. Doing hair with Joe and Cleo. Talking terraforming and cats with Scar. Chilling with Xisuma, Cub, Ren, and Bdubs.

He stills when 5 new messages appear in chat.

Dream has joined the game

Tubbo_ has joined the game

Philza has joined the game

Technoblade has joined the game

Wilbur Soot has joined the game

Everyone at the party stills. The atmosphere changes, turning dark. Tommy turns to Grian and instsntly hugs him. Their wings wrap around each other, Mumbo walking over to rub Tommy's back soothingly. Jrumbot and Grumbot dont fully understand, but they still walk over and join the family hug.

The other Hermits move in sync, moving to one side of the small group prospectively. Xisuma pulls out his admin tables, and teleports the 5 trespassers to them.

Drram, Tubbo, Phil, Techno, and Wilbur are disoriented. When they realize where they are, their moods dampen.

"Why are you 5 here? How did you on my server when you aren't whitelisted." Xisuma moves past pleasantries, knowing exactly who the 5 of them are.

"I'm a hacker. We heard you wanted Tommy. We want him back." Tubbo replies, tone even, but hiding something.

"He's not a piece of property. If he wanted to go back, he would've left by now." False says firmly, eyes blazing with rage at the 5 trespassers.

"He bongs with us." Dream drawls simply, and Grian glares blatantly over Tommy's shoulder.

"He doesn't belong to anyone. He's a person, with feelings. And you guys hurt him, and have been since he was 9. Sending children to war? What were you thinking! Also, not to mention, how much manipulation, abuse, and pain you put him through. As False said, we aren't keeping him here. He's allowed to leave here, this place and server whenever he wants. He wants to be here." Grian hisses, body tensing around Tommy's frame.

Wilbur opens his mouth, annoyed, but he shuts up when Tommy turns around to see them. Tommy looks at all of them, and simply whispers, "Please, just leave." His voice cracks even tho he's being quiet.

The 5 stare, shocked. Xisuma kicks him.

And Tommy mourns his life in the hand of the people he adores.