Home

The first time Tommy gets pulled into a conversation about home is during the first war. The war for independence.

It was the night before the duel (no one knew that part just yet though). Instead of furiously planning like most thought, the 4 of them, Fundy, Wilbur, Tubbo, and Tommy sat around a campfire. They were talking about their homes.

Wilbur grew up on a farm, with his father, Philza Minecraft, and his twin, Technoblade. Home smells like fresh raw potatoes, diamond and netherite, and that overwhelming smell of the nether. Home is writing music while Technoblade reads The Art of War for the millionth time, or watching Phil cook dinner, which always smells delicious. That's what Wilbur says home is.

Fundy is a different story. He grew up in a place called Cogchamp. A place made up of smart and ingenuis inventions. He grew up with his best friend, 5up. Running around, making inventions, messing around in tow. Home is the smell of oil, and metal and plants. Home is laying with his best friend in their shared bed, making inventions, and braiding his best friend's long hair hair. That's what Fundy says home is.

Tubbo grew up with an amazing father and mother. His name was CaptainSparkles, or Jordan. His mother is CaptainPuffy. They aren't married, they're close friends. Home is learning from his father how to build and invent and fight, learning how to cook and sew from his mother, and cuddling with his little sister. Home smells like the salty sea, freshly baked bread, and building materials. That's what Tubbo says home is.

Tommy never gets a chance to explain his home. By the time it's his turn, it turns day. They have a job to do, a war to win.

-

"Mom, Tommy is molting again!" Purpled exclaims he and his twin rush down the stairs.

"I can't help it, dickhead!" The 10 year old exclaims back at his twin as they appear in front of their mother.

V turns to face them, holding Abby, her 4 year old, on her hip. "Guys, dinner time. Everyone else is at the table, c'mon boys."

They sigh, but follow her to the dinner table. V places Abby in her seat, making sure the twins sit down, before starting to server dinner.

"You took forever." Soda points out.

"Oh, shut up." V replies teasingly.

"She's right though V. Next time, we'll get the boys, okay?" Asuka adds, Rainy and Kaiden nodding along.

V relents after a bit of a staring contest. "Fine. But only because my bestie agrees."

"Hah! Beat that, bitches!" Kaiden exclaims.

"Bitch." Abby says with a small smile.

"Kai-"

-

The next time home us brought up in his life is in the ravine.

He's stuck there, with Wilbur and Techno and Niki and Tubbo and Quackity.

Techno doesn't talk about his home, but Tommy guesses it's similar to Wilbur's.

Quackity started living when he was 8, and was adopted by Sam. His siblings? Eret and George. His mother? Ponk. Home smells like redstone and finger nail polish and medical supplies and fresh clothes and gunpowder. Home is his mom wrapping fresh bandages around his wings after a nasty fall, the smell of redstone and gunpowder as his dad prepared food, Eret painting all their nails, and George arguing with all of them. That's what Quackity says home is.