Soulmates

Tommy would say the worst part of his life was the second exile. Not because of Tu bbo. Being separated wasn't that big of a deal. They were friends, and nothing more. Tubbo wasn't even considered part of his flock. Tommy is a crow hybrid, if you didn't know.

Crows never forget faces that wronged them, yes, but they also never forget the faces of those in their flock. So they could find and protect them.

Tommy had finally got his flock back. And he had finally gotten his platonic soulmates back as well.

For you see, Tommy's world was made up of 3 things. Humans, hybrids, and soulmates.

Soulmates were an odd phenomenon that happened centuries ago. Everyone had a soulmate. Your soulmate could be platonic or romantic. You knew who your soulmates were for you shared symbols somewhere on your body.

Tommy had 2 soulmates. His soulmark was a pair of pitch black wings. Atop of that was the eye of Ender. Laying across them was a netherite sword with the hilt a purple color.

When Tommy was young, around 7 years old, his wings came in. It wasn't as painful as one expected. They quickly sliced through his back, and it pinched, like getting a shot. Nothing else happened though. Besides that his parents kicked him out with only his stuffed cow, named Henry.

That's when he met his soulmates. He was wandering around the village, when 2 kids his age stopped him.

He had rubbed his soulmark nervously, it sat on the inside of his wrist.

"You're like us." The taller one pointed out, a mask settled on his face, along with sunglasses and his fringe covered up the rest of his face.

"What?" He asked, surprised.

"You're a hybrid. And your family kicked you out, we saw that. You're like us." The other explained. He was wearing a purple hoodie without sleeves, his eyes a glowing green, and his skin pale, translucent.

"Oh." That's when Tommy noticed the mark on the purple hoodie boys upper right arm, or more precisely, his soulmark.

"Whoa! Look!" Tommy stuck his wrist off, showing off his own soulmark, which matched the one he spotted on the boy's arm.

"Whoa." The tall boy breathed, pulling off his mask to reveal his cheek, which had the same soulmark as the other 2.

"So, we're all soulmates?" The tall boy questions, and Tommy notices that he's half paper white and half ender black.

"I'm Purpled, this is Ranboo. We're your soulmates. I'm a phantom hybrid, he's half ender half ghast." The purple hoodie boy introduces.

"I'm Tommy, and I'm a crow hybrid. And I think we'll have some fun together."

Tommy was 12 when he was separated from his soulmates, along with a few others he considered flock.

There was Quackity, a duck hybrid and a changeling all in one. Sam, a creeper hybrid. Ponk (married to Sam), a nether born. Fundy, a fox hybrid. Eret, a herobrine descendant. Puffy, a sheep hybrid. Niki, a mermaid cursed to forever walk on land. Jack Manifold, a blaze hybrid. And Jschlatt, a ram hybrid.

He had been scampering through a new village. He had tried to pickpocket the wrong person.

That's how he ended up part of Sleepy Boi Inc. That's how he ended up going to the Dream SMP. That's how he ended up stuck there.

Tommy was 15 when he saw Purpled and part of his pack again. It was amazing and loving and he couldn't be more happy.

He hated it when they were ripped away because everyone assumed he wanted to be aligned with Wilbur.

Oh, how he loathed Wilbur.

He was 16 when his pack was reunited. All of it. Including his last soulmate. And he was 16 when he lost them again, because of Dream.

"Tommy." Techno warns quietly, noticing the boy had stopped and was staring at something.

Before Techno can even try to stop the boy, Tommy is drinking milk, making his presence known. Many gasps are heard, but Tommy is too focused on whatever it is he is looking at.

"Tommy, you shouldn't be here." Tubbo speaks up nervously, holding onto one of Tommy's discs carefully.

"I don't care. Tubbo, you can't give Dream the disc." Tommy replies, eyes hard as steel.

"The discs don't matter Tommy! Why can't you see that!?" Tubbo cries right back, and those in his flock can see as he stills, eyes blowing wide, and all sense of calm leaves him.

"The discs are worth more than you ever were!" Tommy exclaims right back, and everything falls silent.

Most think it's a ploy. To help him get his discs back. But, those in his flock know. They know Tommy and they know just how important his discs are to him.

Cat was gifted to him by Purpled and Mellohi was gifted to him by Ranboo. They were gifts from his soulmates, and he would be damned if Dream got his hands on them.

"Tubbo, give me the discs." Dream commands, and Tubbo turns to face the smiley mask faced man.

Tubbo starts to reach his hand out, to give the disc to Dream, but before Dream can grab it, Ranboo appears. He quickly grabs the disc, and then teleports over to Tommy, Ranboo hands the disc to Tommy, and Tommy tucks it away into his inventory.

"Ranboo-" Dream starts, stalking over, but he falters when Purpled, Niki, and Jack jump down to stand protectively in front of the pair of 16 year olds.

"You don't get to touch them." Purpled hisses, his form flickering in the sun as his phantom side tries to dominate.

"And why are you protecting them?" Tubbo asks, voice hard as he stares at the group of 5.

"We're a flock. We stick together." Niki replies evenly, her sword drawn, and her stance a battle ready one.

Dream laughs at that, and Tommy flinches back. Techno doesn't dare to move, staring at the interaction. Ranboo hugs Tommy, and Tommy turns into the comfort.

"You? His 'flock'? First of all, Tommy isn't a hybrid. Second, his family was Techno, Wilbur, and Philza, but they left him behind. Now, move aside." Dream says.

"Technoblade, Wilbur, and Philza stole Tommy from us. They were never his family. We are. If you want proof, we can get the rest of our flock here, because they will always come for Tommy and Ranboo and Purpled." Jack Manifold responds.

"Fine, call your supposed 'flock members' here." Dream rolls his eyes under his mask, though no one can see that.

"Purpled?" Niki asks quietly, and the boy nods.

He pulls out his communicator, and sends off a quick text. Half a minute later, 6 new people appear, either jumping down from the walls or appearing through teleportation.

"We got your message, what's wrong?" Quackity asks, doting over the younger ones along with Puffy, while the others take a moment to glance around at the audience and see what's happening.

"I want to go home." Tommy speaks up, letting go of Ranboo to latch onto Quackity.

"Of course Sunshine." Quackity says, and the group of them disappear without a word.

They are never seen again.