I'm Sorry (You Really Aren't)

When George opens the door to his shared house with his friends (Dream, his boyfriend, and then Sapnap, Karl, and Quackity, fiances, with Skeppy and Bad, married), he does not expect to see a frantic Fundy with a stressed looking 5up and a sleeping 4 year old. Honestly, he doesn't expect to see his 2 friends the most. Why? Because they both have early morning jobs (as well as jobs that last throughout the whole day), and said they would be swinging by later tonight.

"George, George," Fundy looks so relieved when he sees the older face, that George starts to worry. "I know it's super early, and I know you already live with basically 5 children, but can you watch Tommy for us?" He asks, sounding hopeful and very desperate, brandishing the toddler in his hands.

George, George has heard of Tommy. He's seen Tommy, and played with him, all of them have. Sometimes, they even babysit, but usually not this early.

Tommy has blond fluff on the top of his head as hair, and sky blue eyes that light up in the best way when he sees people he likes. He's also grumpy, a yeller, and a cusser, plus a gremlin (among other things).

"Fundy, Fundy, calm down," George replies, taking the toddler from the 18 year old. "Of course we'll watch Tommy. Is something wrong, though?"

"Five and I have work, and I just learned the Daycare is closed all week for some legal thing. We didn't know, and we didn't mean to spring this on you, but if we drop one job, we might lose our apartment. And Phil said we couldn't be in his house unless Wilbur was home, and he has cameras everywhere." Fundy rushes out, but he's a bit calmer.

5up grabs Fundy's hand in reassurance, speaking up. "We are really, really sorry George, but we really need this for the rest of the week. You guys are the only ones we trust to watch Tommy."

"Guys, we would love to watch Tommy for the rest of the week. We know just how much each cent matters. Just remember, we are always willing to help financially as well, if something happens," he reassures. "Now, get to work. You can't be late."

The 2 profusely thank him, before rushing off. George closes the door, and brings Tommy (who is still, unsurprisingly, sleeping), inside. In the living room he finds a yawning Dream and a sleepy Skeppy in chairs on opposite sides of the room.

"Is that Tommy?" Skeppy coos, standing and going over to George. He gently takes Tommy from the elder boy, rocking him while humming a lullaby Bad had taught him back when they adopted Sapnap (immortal hybrid and demon, am I right?).

(No matter how much Skeppy plays with and adores and babies Tommy, he'll never truly admit he has a soft spot for the kid.)

"What happened?" Dream asks, voice groggy as he walks over to his lover.

"The Daycare is closed for the week, and Fundy and Five need help." George explains.

Dream nods with a hum. "I'll spread the word, you go to sleep. I know how tired you get, plus, I didn't feel you come to bed once last night." Dream kisses his boyfriend's forehead, before shooing him off.

George makes sure to give Tommy a forehead kiss before heading to bed, knowing Tommy needs all the love he can get.

-

"Tommy! Please!" The desperation in 5up's voice must tip the 6 year old (way too insightful for his age) off, for he comes out of his hiding spot right away.

"I don't want to go to school, 'Ups." Tommy says quietly, giving his nephew's fiance a pleading look.

"I know Toms, but, guess what?"

"What?" Tommy asks skeptically.

"You have to go to school, or you won't be able to go to Tubbo's sleepover tonight with him, Ranboo, Purpled, Drista, and Lani. You were so excited, remember?"