Chapter 40: Modern Day Life Break Time Part Seven

A/N: ANNNNND WE REACHED CHAPTER 40!!!!!! YEAAAAAAAAA!!!! LET'S GOOOO XD PLEASE ENJOY!!

"Subaru and Beatrice now have a new contract?!" Emilia exclaimed. It was around nine thirty now, and she had just chased Beatrice back to their room, and Subaru and Beatrice were just telling them about what happened when the other girls weren't in the room. In case Hinata woke up, Puck casted the magic again so everyone else could talk freely. Aki and Haruka weren't back yet either, but they all doubted that they'd be back soon.

"Yep, we just poured our hearts out at each other, and after that conversation which included many shouting, shaking, hitting and being hit, we reached an agreement! Our relationship now is no longer just simply 'Natsuki Subaru and Bea-ko'!! We're 'Natsuki Subaru and Bea-ko, The Spirit User and his Number One Contract Spirit'!!" Subaru said, patting Beatrice, who was sitting on her knees next to him, on the head. "The way you explain things simply is just too careless, too confusing, and too own-tempoed, Subaru, Betty supposes!!" Beatrice said, puffing her cheeks out, however, she didn't slap the hand that was now ruffling her hair away nor did she react annoyed at all, which was something unimaginable yesterday.

Beatrice heaved a small sigh. "The onsen overheated Betty's head a bit too much, Betty supposes, and as Betty's guards were lowered more than usual, Subaru demonstrated some rather unexpected observation and guessed something that Betty was feeling troubled about, in fact. She didn't feel like elaborating at all but somehow got carried away. Then Betty and Subaru started arguing about other things that Betty had on her mind, and everything seemed to have just snowballed, Betty supposes. Ma, to sum it all up, Betty has decided that she would take Subaru's hands for the time being, in fact." Beatrice said, and the three girls plus one spirit all looked at her.

"Meaning no offense at all, Beatrice-sama, but it could only have been twenty minutes since your contract was formed, and the way your explanation sounds alarmingly similar to Barusu's is making Ram feel rather uneasy." Ram said, bowing her head at Beatrice. "Yeah Beatrice, you just rephrased the same thing that Subaru said just now without really telling us the details, actually." Emilia said, tilting her head. "Well I've always known Subaru and Betty will be very compatible with each other, and we're already seeing it here. Haha." Puck said, laughing, while Beatrice started going red again.

"Na Bea-ko, you hear that? We're already so in sync that they think we talk in the same way-- UKYAAAAHHH!!!"
"T-T-TONIKAKU!! What Betty is saying that just like you, E-Emilia and R-Rem, Betty has decided that she would fall for Subaru's words and actions, Betty supposes!!" Beatrice shouted as she sprang to her feet, Subaru being forced back on his back from the force of her head suddenly pushing on his hand. "I didn't really think I fell for Subaru's words though? To be honest I sometimes still don't really get what Subaru is saying."
"Emilia-tan Emilia-tan!! That's a lot of damage!!! A LOT of damage you know????" Subaru shouted on the tatami as he stretched out a hand at the ceiling.

"So, if I'm understanding it correctly, Subaru, you are coming back with us to Lugnica, if Roswaal successfully found a way?" Puck asked, raising an eyebrow. Hearing this, Ram and Emilia's head both turned back to him, and Subaru sat back up straight, looking serious. "Yes, that is right, Puck." Subaru said in a serious voice. "I'm happy to hear that, but, what about Kenichi-san and Naoko-san? And what about Natsuno-san, Kouyou-san, and Tsuyumi-san??" Emilia asked, looking worried for the first time since they learned that there was a change in the relationship between Subaru and Beatrice.

"Yes, about my parents... I wouldn't just say 'Don't mind don't mind, they'll be fine', something as cold-blooded as that. I would find a time to tell them about... about... that I have to leave the country, probably forever and it is almost certain that it would be impossible for us to meet again..." Subaru said, coming to a pause. Emilia wanted to say something, but Subaru started speaking again. "But my parents, they would definitely say something like this. My dad would go," He said as he put on a grin and pulled the corners of his eyes down, making his eyes look more like his father's.