Chapter 44 - Monthly Examination

It was uncomfortable sleeping at the desk. Xie Sui carried him over to the bed.

The sleeping Song Yu didn't have the same wanton flashiness he had during the day. His eyelashes hung down like small fans, his breathing light. He was half asleep and half awake when Xie Sui picked him up and reacted a little, his arm struggling slightly. But he was too sleepy and didn't use much force after vaguely sensing that it was Xie Sui.

His breathing fanned out against his arm, hot and soft.

He was so well behaved that it made his heart itch.

Xie Sui leaned in close to his ears, his lips almost touching that stretch of delicate skin. He was smiling as he whispered, "Yuyu, are you sleeping here tonight?"

Song Yu was confused and dazed. He could only tell that someone was speaking into his ear, but he couldn't hear them clearly.

He'd studied so hard and for such a long time that his mind was filled with exams. He said sleepily, "... If I don't get into the top hundred... I'll kill you all..."

Xie Sui chuckled after he heard him clearly.

This child was really overbearing.

But he was really too invested in this monthly exam.

The nights turned cool after Jing City entered autumn.

Xie Sui carried Song Yu into his bedroom.

The teenager's head was buried in the soft pillow, his sleeping face clean and harmless, so pure that it was deadly.

Xie Sui bent over and bowed his head, his dark eyes unfathomable. He suppressed his desire and wicked intentions, only his gentle smile drifting over the surface of his expression.

He spoke softly.

"You trust me so much?"

However—he really wouldn't do anything to Song Yu.

Xie Sui had been cold and abstinent in his previous life, but it didn't mean that he didn't understand anything. Living in A City's upper-class society meant that he'd seen endless debauchery and rotten things. It was just that he didn't want to play; if he did, it naturally would be crazy and wild.

But he didn't want to bring those things to Song Yu.

He'd been madly pursued by a group of men before. Those people had looked at him with naked possessiveness and paranoia, their scorching, smothering lust practically flowing out.

That way of pursuit was domineering and insane.

Everyone was crazy for him. That kind of feeling was both disgusting and boring.

For him to be able to take over the Xie Family at a young age and become its new leader, how could his means be clean? If he'd relied only on his father's meager guilt to survive, he'd have been eaten up by the Xie Family until not even his bones were left. The clean softness of youth had been crushed into nothing by the deep night.

So, after that, even when three men had joined forces to persecute him and had trapped him on an isolated island—

For Xie Sui, it had been like a farce that wasn't funny.

On the barren sea.

He'd shot a gun and ended this joke with blood.

Was it very unfortunate that he'd gotten involved with three madmen?

This misfortune had been mutual.

After all, in a sense, he was also a madman.

And his symptoms were more serious than theirs.