Out of town

The warm rays of sunlight woke me up and I realized I was warm, not just from the sun, the warmth was coming from my wife's body. She was against me, her back to my front, my arms around her waist. The sleep I got the night before was the most peaceful sleep I've ever gotten in my entire life. We didn't do anything, just talked till she fell asleep, and I stared at her like a creep till I could not keep my eyes open anymore. For the first time in my life, I woke up with nothing but peaceful mind and a happy heart.

I felt Seema stir on my arms and I closed my eyes to pretend I was asleep. Keeping the eyes closed was a feat when her body kept brushing against mine. There were few seconds of quiet before I felt a touch on my eyes. She was tracing my face with her hand. Her delicate fingers traced my eyes, my temple, my nose, my cheeks. Just when she reached to my lips, I bit her finger. I smiled when I heard her yelp, but she could not move any further as my arms were still around her.

I opened my eyes to see her looking at my neck accusingly.

"My eyes are up here", I teased her.

She looked up, only to look down again. Her flushed face and blushing cheeks were clear indicators that she was embarrassed of being caught.

"I have to go make breakfast." She said, still not looking at me.

"No one is hungry yet." I said wanting to keep her there with me.

"But it's late" she said, finally looking up at me.

"Yes, but kids are not here to go early" I refuted.

"But you are, you will be late for office." She said, smiling.

"I am the boss; I can be late." I waved away her concern.

"That's not really a good impression on your employees." She said, raising her eyebrows.

This might be the first time of our playful banter and I was enjoying every second of it.

"Maybe, but I want to stay here with you." I said, smirking.

As I expected, her cheeks heated up and she shifted her eyes.

"I really have to go." She whispered.

"Okay" I sighed.

I watched her scurry to the bathroom with a change of clothes.

God, she is cute.

I might as well have been a teen falling in love for the first time because all I could think was Seema. All day at office, nothing but Seema. Which is why I was extremely annoyed when Vikram told me I had to go out of town for a meeting.

"You know this is extremely important. I'd go but Neelam's parents are visiting us, and she'd kill me if I even brought the topic." He said, making himself comfortable on my office chair.

"Do I really have to go? Can't we send someone else?" I could hear the pleading in my voice.

He raised his eyebrows at my tone and said, "You know how big this client is, and he especially asked for either of us."

I knew and before yesterday, I would have agreed without second thinking but now, things were different. I did not want to lose a single second with Seema.

"Fine", I sighed.

I reached home around 6 and entered the kitchen to see Vikash cooking and Seema and Ru chatting sitting on the table.

Ru noticed me first.

"He's home" she said, making Seema look back and, again, like a teenager, my heart raced at the sight of her smile.

"Hi" I smiled back.

"You're making dinner today?" I asked Vikash.

"Yes, as a thank you" he said, smiling at both me and Seema.

"He insisted a lot", Seema said looking at me.

I nodded, and said, "I'll go get freshen up."

That night, when Seema came to the room, I broke the news to her.

"For how long?" she asked quietly. She looked as sad as I felt and that made my ego out of the roof.

"Maybe for a week. This is a really big client for us." I told her.

"Okay" she said and without speaking anything, went to collect her clothes for changing.

Before I could say anything, she disappeared inside the bathroom.

She came out in few minutes, slipped inside the comforter, and switched off the lights quietly.

"Seema" I spoke.

"Yes" she answered.

"I'll miss you." I replied and gathered her close to me.

She didn't say anything, but I felt her smile against my chest and that was enough for me. 

I'm back everyone. I hope everyone is safe and sound.

And before you say anything, I know it's a bit short than my other chapters, and I'm sorry for that, but I am so tired and so busy. I feel really bad for the short chapter.

But, doesn't the little information spike your curiosity even more? Doesn't it make you think what's next? 

But anyway, that's all for that. Please leave a comment and vote if you liked the chapter.