Chapter 41

The day was Jessica's birthday and Charlie had done everything he could to keep it a secret, hoping Jessica didn't find out. With the help of Mrs Winters, Jessica was told she needed to help with the Wampus Cubs, as they would only respond to Jessica.

Charlie used the time to decorate the house for her birthday, he waited for everyone to arrive thankfully Mr Harper managed to contact her cousins. Charlie had even invited his family, knowing how much they cared about Jessica and how much she enjoyed spending time with them.

Charlie spotted her cousins and father arriving he hurried them inside, Charlie checked the time, his family were late. He just hoped they made it in time, just as he was about to close the door when he spotted his brothers Fred and George hurrying towards the building, they were followed by his mum, dad, Ron and Ginny.

"Arthur, it's been too long," Samuel Harper said, swinging an arm around Charlie's dad.

Charlie hushed everyone down, when Mrs Winters signalled him that they were would be back soon. Charlie tried his best to keep Archie quiet, as Jessica hoped the door, everyone jumped up yelling surprise, they startled her causing her to turn to run out of the room however she ran into the door frame.

"Oh sweetie, are you alright?"

"I'm fine dad, I just- Dad!" Jessica wrapped her arms around him, he lifted her up a little off the floor.

"Happy birthday Jess," her cousin Louisa wrapped her arms around her,

Katherine was next in line to hug Jessica, then Aurora, who Jessica didn't expect to see being that she had fallen into a bad crowd at school. Charlie even managed to get Jessica friends, Penny, Chiara and Ben Copper to come as well. Jessica couldn't believe everyone had come to Romania for her birthday, she wrapped her arms around Ginny and Ron.

"You didn't have to do this," she said, wrapping her arms around Charlie, kissing his cheek,

"You don't like it, I can send them home," he smirked, Jessica nudged his arm,

"No, I love it, but you didn't have to-

"It's fine, I wanted your family and friends here with you," Charlie pecked her lips, Jessica took Archie from him kissing his little cheek.

Jessica saw firsthand how close father and Arthur Weasley use to be as they hadn't stop reminiscing about their own days at Hogwarts. River hurried around greeting everyone in the house she had never seen so many people before, the dog couldn't contain her excitement.

"He's gotten so big now," Molly cooed at her grandson,

"Mum, watch him, Archie!" Fred said, Archie looked to his right at Fred

"Archie, look!" George said, Archie looked to his left at George.

Archie looked back and forth between the identical twins, at first, he laughed then he began to grow irritated and confused. His lips trembled, he balled into tears, Jessica rubbing soothing circles on his back to calm him.

"We're sorry," George said

"We didn't mean to upset him," Fred added,

"It's fine, he just couldn't process the pair of you," Charlie told them, "you know, like a lot of people can't,"

"Fuck off, Charlie," Fred said

"Oi," Molly said, pointing her finger at him, "I don't want to hear you swearing again, there are children here,"

Jessica sat down on the sofa next to her friend Ben, he smiled at her, nervously looking around him, he wasn't fond of big crowds. Jessica offered him, Archie to hold, he held him outwards Archie wriggled as he was uncomfortable, Jessica laughed, positioning Archie in his arms a little more comfortable.

"Hold him, like you would a football," Jessica said, Ben took a deep breath

"Sorry, I'm not good with children," he told her,

Jessica smiled at him with Archie, the situation reminded Jessica how Charlie told her to hold the baby Diricawl. She smiled to herself that seemed like forever ago, before they were even friends, before she kissed him, before meeting his family.

Jessica wanted to show her father around. Show him where she had been living for over a year and a half. Once everyone was occupied by the music and dancing, Jessica snuck her father outside, want to show him the Wampus Cubs.

"How's it been back home, Katherine looked a little upset?" she asked

"It's nothing, I want to bother you with darling, you have a good life here in Romania," Jessica held her arm out stopping him from walking any further, she crossed her arms, cocking her brow at him.

"You've never kept anything from me, what is it?" Jessica said, Samuel sighed nodding lightly

"Katherine is fine, she's just worried about her friend," he told her, "I think you met her Phoebe Black,"

"Oh yeah, Rhea's sister?"

"Yes, well she said that someone is going to die, according to your cousin she's a seer," her father explained

"Did she say who?"

"No, but the issue is she said it's him," he said, Jessica creased her brows, "You-Know-Who,"

"That's impossible, he's gone,"

"I know, your uncle Jack tried talking to Katherine, but she believes her friend," Jessica nodded,

Even she knew Katherine well enough to know she wouldn't believe just any old story without proof first, she was a very logical person, that believed there was a logical explanation for everything. Then Jessica thought about her father, if You-Know-Who were to return, her father would be in danger.

"Father, if he does come back, what will you do?"

"Defend my home and family, I lost your mother, I won't lose you, or Archie," he said, Jessica wrapped her arms around her father, she didn't realise how much she missed him.

"I suppose, I don't want to lose Charlie either, he's family now,"