tell me about your feelings

ding dong

"just a sec!" i yelled out as i scurried around my kitchen, taking the chicken out of the oven and taking the hot pan of tofu off the stove.

once they were safely out and the fires were put out, i took off my apron and gloves and took a deep sigh. i turned around, ready to open the door for my best friends but was met with them standing right in front of me.

"someone's been busy," kara chuckled as she set down the pot pie she brought on the kitchen aisle.

i rolled my eyes playfully as i pulled her into a bone crushing hug, causing her to groan.

i feigned a gasp, eyes wide, "did i- a mere mortal human- hurt THE girl of steel?" kara walked away to my couch before she threw a pillow at my face. i chuckled before turning to look at the third of our trio.

"hey babe," the raven haired girl says as she pulled me into a hug as well. i bit my lip slightly and smiled as i melted in her embrace.

god, she smelled so good. like a mix of vanilla and mint. weird combination, now that i think of it but it's lena. she smells good.

lena.

i have been in love with this woman for the longest time. i have also, been stuck in the friendzone for the longest time. lena has fortunately, or unfortunately, found me the perfect person to confide in for all her boy problems.

and she's had a lot of those.

jacky, james, john, whatever.

i liked having her come to me when she has problems, but damn, does it hurt that she chose all these boy toys over me.

"hey," i breathed out with a smile on my face. i pulled away and placed a hand on her arm. "are you okay? i know you needed your space, but i haven't heard from you in a while," i asked.

lena had just recently gotten betrayed by the monster that is her brother. she trusted him and wanted to help him because he had cancer, but all of that was to manipulate her and take advantage of the kindness in her heart.

all is well, now that he's been locked up in the DEO as the government agreed that he poses more danger than a normal human being.

what's not well, was lena. she was heartbroken, angry, frustrated and all the negative feelings you could think of. kara and i tried being there for her but all she did was push us away, so we kept our distance.

of course i had kara, well, supergirl's help to keep tabs on lena to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid.

it's been a month since.

she looked down at my hand on her arm, and puts her hand over mine. she looks back up to me and gave me a small smile.

"i'm definitely not fine. but i will be, now that i have you guys. i'm sorry for pushing you guys away. also.... james broke up with me"

my eyes widened in shock.

"WHAT?!" kara and i yelled simultaneously. i felt a whoosh of air and kara appeared beside us.

"are you serious?" the blonde scoffed, crossing her arms.

i did not know what to say. my mouth opened as if to say something, but nothing came out.

"a-actually i broke up with him... i found out he was cheating and i- i've just had it with betrayers," lena sighed out, rubbing her temple.

"lena-" i tried to say something but she cut me off.

"yeah i know you warned me about him. spare the i told you so," she chuckles lightly.

i gasped and feigned offence before hitting her shoulder playfully. "i wasn't going to say it, but now i am. i told you so"