19.

Song recommendation: Bubblegum Bitch by Marina and the Diamonds
-
I had nothing to wear.

They put me, a girl who has only ever worn Lululemon leggings her entire life in charge of dressing like a former débutent. I couldn't match colours and patterns if I had to save my life. In this case, it might come down to that.

The best outfit I could come up with was a pair of pink trousers, a white blouse, and a matching pink headband. I looked like a strawberry shortcake doll threw up all over me. That's exactly what I was going for.

There were a few knocks at the door as I was looking at myself in the mirror. I ran to answer the door. When I swung it open I saw Daniella with two other women who looked like they were sisters.

"Are you almost ready?" Daniella asked.

"I just have to find a bag." I nodded.

"Great. This is Selena," She gestured to the smaller girl. "And Josephine Hidalgo."

Hidalgo.

Oh shit.

Yet I smiled. "Arabella Reilly."

"Nice to meet you." Josephine nodded to me.

Selena stayed silent. She was a teenager. She probably didn't want to be anywhere near this event. I understood the poor girl.

"And to you." I replied. "Let me find a bag and we can head out."

I opened the closet door and rummaged for a purse that might match my sickly sweet outfit. I couldn't find anything.

'Hey baby.'

"Fucking hell!" I cried out loud.

'Hahahahaha!'

"Arabella! What's wrong?" Daniella sounded panicked.

"I... I uh..."

'Don't drop your cover sweetheart.'

"I just realized that I left my favourite purse at the house in Paris." I played it off. "That's so upsetting."

"Oh it is!" Dani covered her mouth in shock.

"Would you excuse me, I'm going to make a quick phone call to my Fiancé. He'll send someone to pick it up." I laughed, hiding my nervousness.

"Be quick!" Josephine urged.

I nodded as the three girls left the room.

I walked into the bathroom where I had more privacy, even if there was nobody else in the room.

'You played it cool Phil, good job.' Niall spoke in my ear.

"What the fuck was that?" I said through clenched teeth.

'It was me messing with you.'

"Why would you do that? I was so close to blowing it."

'But you didn't.' He stated. 'I just have to keep you on your toes. Don't get too comfortable.'

"I have never been less comfortable in my life!" I whisper-shouted. "This isn't your stupid sex hotline. Don't speak unless you absolutely have to."

'I can't make any promises.'

"Well you have to." I huffed.

'We'll see.'

I rolled my eyes, but he couldn't see it.