𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞

The festival finally rolled around after a long night of you having a breakdown inside your room. You shrug the awful thought off, not wanting it to ruin your mood. Your emotions were already jumbled up as it is, you didn't need a certain lettuce-haired teen to mess it up even more.

"(N/n)!" You turn around to see Gyu, his red hair shorter than usual. "Hey, looking good!" You smile at him. He blushes and shakes his head, trying to shrug off his pacing heart. "Thank you for covering Senku's position as the sous chef, you aren't even part of the science club!" You laugh as Gyu walked beside you, smiling, "I'm not acting in the drama club this year so I'm free, you don't need to worry about that." He chuckled and messed with your hair, a habit you notice he's developed.

The two of you enter the science lab. The door was suddenly opened by someone from inside. You look at the culprit and saw that it was none other than Ishigami Senku himself.

You silently scoff and walked past him, going over to your station so you could scan through the recipes and go over the process with Gyu. From your peripheral vision, you could see Gyu shoot Senku a pitying look before walking over to your side. The ruby-eyed teen walked away, presumably looking for Taiju.

You sigh and start to go over the recipes with Gyu, but not before he asked, "Did you two fight?"

You laugh dryly, "It's something like that, yeah." You trail off as you opened a small container of passion fruit caviar. Gyu raised an eyebrow as he sharpened a knife. "Isn't this supposed to be the part where you tell me about it and based on your story, I give you advice so you two will make up?" He says in a playful tone, trying to lighten up the mood in the room. The club members, especially, had noticed the dreadful vibe you and Senku had been emitting since entering the school grounds. They weren't used to you two arguing. And neither were you.

You laugh again, trying to keep yourself from breaking down. "Even if we do make up, I won't be seeing him that much anymore. It's pointless." Your voice almost broke as you said this, but you didn't let yourself show weakness. Especially in front of Gyu and the members. The redhead couldn't stand seeing you this sad, and so he pulled you out of the room. "I don't know much about what's going on, but what I do know is that you two need each other."

You look at him with an expression he couldn't quite pinpoint. "He's leaving for Kyoto, Gyu. He broke a promise. He said he was glad to leave my sorry ass behind. He doesn't care for me, he never did." You look away, trying to stop the tears from flowing. Luckily, nobody seemed to be in the hallways. It was just you and him.

Gyu's eyebrows knitted together, "I didn't give up on you just so you could get hurt like this!" He grabbed your shoulders with an enraged expression, startling you a bit. "Look, Senku is the type who thinks first before speaking. But it seems to me that what he said to you is just some shit he pulled out of his ass last minute!" He practically screamed. You look around and saw that some of the club members were peeking through the window.

"He must have his reasons. I don't know what his intentions are but whatever they may be, it doesn't justify the fact that he hurt you and broke an important promise." He sighs, trying to catch his breath, "Try to talk to him, communication is always good. If he doesn't budge, then it should be you who leaves his sorry ass." His grip on your shoulders loosens as he took a step back, blushing. "Sorry, I got a bit carried away." He smiled sheepishly.

You smiled back at him, it was genuine this time. "Thanks, I'll try to talk to him. No promises on making up with him, though."

Gyu blushes and grins at you, "Glad to see your smile is back." He messes with your hair. Chuckling, you walk back into the club room. The members immediately rush over to you with worried faces,