VIII

The sky trembled as if it was full of rage, Y/n shivered in the compartment.

She had heard a storm like this once, when she was younger. The day her mother was killed by one of Zeus' thunderbolt making Cyclops'.

She shook violently as the voice appeared. It rumbled so loudly that Y/n could barely hear the footsteps of Reyna, the praetor from Camp Jupiter that had just arrived in the midst of the storm.

"Pegasus!" The voice rang throught the stables, Chiron's footsteps could barely be made out over the sound of pure rage.

"Once again I question were your loyalties lie. Afterall, we wouldn't want a repeat of what happened with your human wife. Now would we? Or perhaps, instead of the girl. I'll punish you instead, I'll give you something worse than her death."

Y/n wiggled her way from the compartment, she jumped over the gate and ran towards Pegasus.

"Lord Zeus! Wait please!" She called, "I am not daughter of Pegasus. I am just a disciple of the Great Lord Posiedon. He gifted me powers due to my loyalty, please do not harm Master Pegasus!"

"Brother, is this true?"

"The girl has given me loyalty for many years, I raised her as a child as if she was my own. She controls the waves, just as Percy Jackson does." He answered.

'Thank you grandpa....'

"Then why are they building a Pegasus cabin? Why was she allowed to stay in the Cabin my son lies in?"

"I am favored by Lady Hera aswell! My master ordered me to undertake a mission for her, and at the end she grew quite fond of me! She didn't wish to go through the trouble of explaining why a child layed in her cabin even though she has had no children that were not your own, Your Majesty. So she allowed me to pass as if I was one of your children!" Y/n lied.

"If that were so, why would she not mention you? Why wouldn't you just stay in my brother's Cabin?"

"Lady Hera and The Great Lord insisted I pass as if I was one of your own, they figured since you were still angry at My Lord for neglecting his duties because of Master Percy that you'd be angered if he had another 'child' to call his own, especially one who is as favored by him as myself. Lady Hera didn't wish to anger you more by supposedly having a child that wasn't yours. Afterall, you still seem angered at her for the entire switching son's ordeal," Y/n internally pleaded for Hera to confirm this.

"Hera, My queen? Is this true?"

The woman merely smirked, she'd play this mortal's game for now, just to see how this would turn out.

"Yes. It is my love. I didn't wish for you to be angry with me.."

Y/n sighed in relief, Zeus seemed partially won-over.

"One last question, then  why stay in the stables?"

"I grew up around horses, I could talk to them and everyone avoided me for that purpose. They were all I had as friends, I love Pegasi and regular horses too, I'm much more comfortable with them than I am with actual people."

"I see, Pegasus you are safe for now. And I'll be watching you too little girl."

Thunder cracked, and the sky returned to normal. Y/n's hand found its way to her neck, her pendant was gone.