Prologue

Long, long, millions of years ago, kwamis, divine beings that are formed whenever a new abstract idea or emotion appeared, came into existence in the universe. They resemble animals or any type of creature, real or mythical. Among these kwamis were Nooroo and Flutter, butterfly kwamis.

Nooroo and Flutter were the happiest kwamis. They were one of the few kwamis that were siblings, twins in fact. Nooroo was male and Flutter was female.

Nooroo was purple and had butterfly wings that have a long tail with a tip at the end of each lower wing and dark purple eyes. There was a slightly dark purple spiral mark on his forehead and one on each lower part of the back of his wings.

Flutter was pink with beautiful wings that shimmered with colors of the rainbow, had green eyes and two antennae on her head.

Nooroo had the power of transmission whereas Flutter had the power of attraction.

They always had each other's back and were always together. Kwamis would look at the two with envy, but also be happy for them.

Five thousand years ago, when a Chinese mage made it possible for kwamis to interact with humans with jewels called miraculouses, it was no surprise that Nooroo and Flutter's wielders would also be a pair of twins.

The guardians did this because they found that the two kwamis should never be apart. They are inseparable and are stronger together.

The kwamis were very happy with their wielders and they would all get along. Sadly though, a thousand years ago, their miraculouses fell into the wrong hands. These twin wielders weren't bad per se, they weren't villains or anything, rather just selfish people. Their names were Aelia and Aelius.

Due to a dispute between Aelia and Aelius, the two agreed to go their separate ways and continue their hero duties in different countries. Nooroo and Flutter begged them to reconsider for they didn't want to be apart from one another. But, the twins refused and said they had no say in the matter. They didn't want to give up their miraculouses and found that they weren't doing anything wrong. As a result, Nooroo and Flutter were forced to split. Their only hope was for when it was time for the twins to retire and return their miraculouses to the guardian, but unfortunately Aelia died in a war. The enemy kept the miraculous for themself until they threw it away, thinking it was junk, and for years and years did Flutter's miraculous travel across the world from then on.

One day, in the present, Flutter's miraculous was found by a little girl in a pawn shop. And that's when their story began.