031

october 17th, 2020
6:24 pm

SUNDAY AND BRANDON WERE IN THE hallway bathroom of her home so they could scrub the engine oil off of their bodies

The door was closed and the duo were crowding the oval shaped, gold colored framed mirror, Brandon standing and Sunday sitting on the bathroom counter.

"Why is this so hard to get off?" Brandon complained as he scrubbed at his neck with a yellow washcloth.

Sunday gestured for him to come closer, "Give me it."

Brandon immediately passed the rag and Sunday covered it in more soap and water before harshly kneading at the right side of his neck.

"Are you trying to rub my skin off?" Brandon asked as he looked down at her.

"I'm trying to get the oil off." Sunday responded as she moved the washcloth to the other side of his throat.

Sunday scrubbed for thirty more seconds, examined her work and then nodded approvingly, "Okay, it should be gone."

Sunday watched as Brandon ran his fingers over his now bare neck, "Thanks, ma."

"Of course," Sunday turned slightly to face the mirror and continue rubbing at the long black streak on her forehead, "I can't believe your dumb ass tried to 'Hakuna Matata' me."

Brandon snorted a little, "I Simba'ed you. Get it right."

"Whatever," Sunday rolled her eyes as the mark lessened and lessened until finally it was gone.

"Finally," Sunday sighed in relief. Her eyes floated up to Brandon and a slightly downhearted expression had taken over his face.

"Hey, are you okay?" Sunday asked.

"Um, me and Kylah got into it a little bit earlier. It turns out Nikki was lying about Kylah telling her about the dinner and she chewed me out, rightfully."

"You guys are family. It'll work itself out." Sunday held onto Brandon's hand and he squeezed back.

"Help me down?"

Brandon held out one hand and Sunday gripped it a little tighter before hopping down from the counter.

When the two exited the bathroom, Noah, who was sitting on the couch in the living room, met their eyes.