|| 14 ||

Art: @mizuamememe on Twitter
A/N: Sorry I haven't posted in a little while. But I kind of don't regret it. :)

"Did you miss me that much that you wanted to meet me here?"

"Don't poke fun at me, Scara." Y/N saw his hat droop a tiny bit downwards. "Course I did." She admitted, and sat down on the edge of Stormbearer Point.

"Did Childe visit you?"

"How'd you know?"

"He yelled that he was going to go challenge you to a battle, before I could beat him up." Scara set his hat down, and potentially let Y/N steal it so she could play frisbee with it.

"I was sleeping. And he was there when I woke up in my room."

"I don't know how he always manages to sneak into houses. It's creepy. And I promise I will beat him up the next time he tries to stalk you." He said, like a solemn oath.

"You don't have to."

"It's for your own protection. Of course I do."

"You know fully well I'm capable of keeping watch of just one Harbinger." She tossed his hat up and down, before he snatched it back.

"You retired granny. Be quiet and let me protect you for once."

Y/N gently gasped in a sarcastic, and over-exaggerated offended manner.

"I'm offended you called me a 'retired granny'. But I'm much more overjoyed you're willing to protect me."

Scara stifled a small laugh, and suppressed them with chuckles. As his shoulders shook. Making Y/N curious.

"What's so funny."

"No. It's just... you seem happier than when you were a Harbinger. Maybe it was a good idea for you to take a resignation break."

"I don't think I'll be returning to Snezhnaya at all. Neither retake my spot again."

"I figured as much. You can be stubborn sometimes." Scara waved a hand in a dismissive way. "But you still have to be careful. You know the Tsaritsa likes to get what she wants."

"I know. I know that more than anyone else."

"So did you find a good guy?" Scara asked. But he was much more disinterested instead, but figured he should ask just as much.

"As far as I know, they're all nosy." Y/N replied.

"Nosy how? Well, they wouldn't be so nosy once I break their noses if you'd like."

"Tempting. But no."

"But would you consider it?"

"Obviously." She knew she might need it sometime soon.

"You know, you should just teach Childe a lesson. And win."

"He's battle-crazy. It would only want him to fight me even more."

"That little shit."
.
.
.
.
The conversation ended with tons of profanity acted out by Scaramouche, himself. And I wonder... will he ever do the fandango?

It was sundown by the time she returned to Mond. The lights were starting to light up around the entire place.

'Wonder what Albedo is doing. Wait. When did I ever care about what he was doing?' But the more denial the more it convinces.

She stopped in her tracks to see 3 fatui diplomats near her home. And god forbids they have anything to do with her.

To not gain further suspicion they were slightly distanced from the door. She went the other way, behind the building of her house. And did her best to hide from their sights. Leaning her back against a random wall, she made small clockworks in her head. Thinking.

Until the door opened. And she never realized.

She was leaning against Albedo's home.

"What brings you here, Y/N?" Genuine curiosity was heard.

"Hate to do this. But let me in."

"Oh. Anytime." Albedo opened the door even wider, and was startled that she rushed into the doors.

"ITS MISS!!" Klee sprinted her way over. And engulfed her legs in a tight squeeze.

"Hi Klee." Y/N said again.

"Are you here to play?" Klee lifted her chin up to look at her face.

"Uh— yes. I am." Albedo saw the bits of nervousness in her look. And her constant shifting of her movements.

"Klee. Why don't you go take a bath first." Albedo instructed.

"By myself??"

"I'll join you later." Y/N said again. And Klee skipped on off into the bathroom after grabbing her things. Y/N could hear her singing, "I'm gonna play with Mi~ss. I'm gonna play with Mi~ss."

"So. What's really the matter?" Albedo was quite keen as well. And well observant.

"There's fatui outside my door. I can predict they'll be there for a long while."

"Pursuers?"

"Not sure." She shook her head, and rested her chin on her hand.

"You can stay here, if you'd like."

"Hard to believe, but I planned to do that."

Albedo gestured her towards the bathroom where Klee was waiting. And she pushed the chair out of the table to go and play with the child(e).

"I'll have a bath towel and some spare clothes ready." Albedo called again, as she gave a curt nod. Leaving him to gather those things.