36

Y/n soon found herself back in Bruce's lab once breakfast was over. He just wanted to check over her wounds from the mission yesterday, especially that shoulder. "How're the nightmares?" Bruce asked curiously, a look of focus on his face as he unwrapped the bandages protecting he shoulder. "They're fine. Just small memories here and there." Y/n hummed, lying through her teeth. Of course she didn't want to admit that the nightmares were getting worse and worse. They hurt to talk about. But, y/n had never had a full night's sleep in her life. Ever since she was abducted by Hydra she had nightmares every night. The only peace she had was when she went into cryochambers. The idea of not having nightmares was more terrifying than the nightmares themselves. The nightmares helped her remember, even if they were causing a lot of distress. Bruce raised his eyebrows at y/n's response. He could tell she was lying just by the fact that she'd responded so quickly, and because she was awake so early in the morning. "Y/n. You're supposed to be able to talk to me about things like this. I can help you." Bruce said seriously, spraying the purpley-blue mess of a bruise with a cooling spray. He was hoping the bruise would've gone down a little by now, but it hadn't. Y/n seemed to hesitate, glancing over at Bruce before looking back at her shoulder. She thought back to the conversation she had with Bucky up on the roof, taking a deep breath when she realised he was right. If she told Bruce, he could find out a way to help improve her mind control abilities. Making a bad memory a good one again. Y/n watched as Bruce finished wrapping her shoulder back up, finally deciding to admit to it. "Well-" She started, but was soon cut off by someone bursting into the lab.

"Y/n! You've got to come see this!" Wanda exclaimed a she burst into the lab, a bright smile on her face. However, the smile seemed to drop slightly when she realised she'd probably cut off a conversation. "Oh, am I intruding on anything?" She asked, a slight hesitation in her voice. Y/n quickly shook her head, whilst Bruce nodded, causing Wanda to just stare at them in confusion. "Actually-" Bruce started, looking over at Wanda. But, y/n cut him off, pushing herself off of the medical bed with a warm smile. "Nope! What do you want to show me?" She asked curiously, glancing back at Bruce with a slight nod. They'd talk later. Maybe it'd be easier then. Wanda's smile seemed to light up again once y/n made her way over, taking her arm as she guided her out of the room. "You'll see." She grinned, hurrying down the hallway. Y/n laughed slightly, almost having to jog to keep up with Wanda. "What is it? I wanna know!" She asked curiously, trying her hardest to pry any sort of information. But Wanda was having none of it, continuing to rush y/n down the hall.

They soon ended up in the living room, and y/n froze as she got into the doorway. The whole team was sat or stood, waiting patiently. "What is this...?" Y/n asked with a nervous laugh, watching as Wanda sat down on the couch beside Vision. Steve was stood behind the couch, holding out a remote for y/n to take. "See for yourself." He smiled. Y/n slowly made her way toward Steve, taking the remote and standing beside him, glancing around and noticing that the TV was paused on a news channel. Y/n glanced over at Bucky for some form of reassurance, earning an encouraging nod from where he was sat on the couch. She took a shaky breath, glancing down at the remote before she finally pressed play.

At first it just seemed to be a typical news programme, running through the intro. However, the news story is what caused y/n's face to light up with joy. It was a story about her and the mission yesterday. Several images were brought up on screen from the time her and Peter swung around New York, mixed with some images from the mission yesterday. The news anchor detailed what they did at the mission and who they saved, before showing a video of y/n chasing the leader on the rooftops and tackling him off of the roof. "So, who is this 'new avenger'? And what are her powers? We see her here having the same powers as SpiderMan, but then here she seemed to have the strength of a super soldier. The world wants to know who this mystery girl is." The news anchor announced, zooming in on an image of y/n's face that seemed to have been taken once Bucky had dragged her out of the water. 

Once the story ended, y/n glanced around at the rest of the team, buzzing with excitement and adrenaline. She wasn't a shadow anymore. People knew her, and people wanted to know her. Wow. "Well, you heard the lady. Do you want to announce yourself as one of the avengers?" Tony asked with a grin, proud that she was getting media attention. Y/n shrugged with a happy laugh, almost feeling a little overwhelmed, but it was okay. "I think we should! But maybe after everything's all healed? Bruises won't go well with a fancy dress." Y/n hummed, seeming to already have everything planned. The team laughed a little at y/n's comment, but y/n seemed to only be focused on Bucky, who just raised his eyebrows at her comment. A mischievous smirk appearing on his face. Y/n's eyes widened, a slight blush appearing on her cheeks. She knew exactly what he was thinking about. 

However, y/n was soon taken back into reality by Scott snatching the remote from y/n. "Let's see that roof run again. I wanna see how hard you hit that wall!" He teased, rewinding the report. Y/n rolled her eyes with a laugh, of course they did. Well, she was curious about it too, but it must've been hard judging by the amount of damage she'd done to her shoulder.