77

Harry Styles

I was very much drunk and the numbness in my brain was welcome... it was just what I needed after my very stressful day.

And of course, Cleo joined me.

She got back much quicker than I imagined and I had just arrived from one of the dreadful meetings I had today, and I was in a terrible mood. But when she told me what happened and how fucking done she was, somehow we ended up sharing a drink or two... which turned to three and then two bottles of vodka later, here we were.

We were sitting on the floor of my living room, with our backs against the couch as we just stayed there in silence, occasionally passing the bottle so we could take a long sip of the drink.

My throat was already used to the burning sensation of the alcohol, and it was oddly satisfying. It'd actually been so fucking long since I allowed myself to drink this much, I couldn't even remember the last time I got wasted.

This was fun because my thoughts were in slow motion and I was taking a bit longer to speak my mind, but Cleo didn't have a problem understanding me. We had spoken about what mattered before we got drunk though, and I think the fact we simply said 'fuck it' and decided to get wasted was proof enough that we were completely consumed and exhausted.

So my dad and her mother were planning on exposing themselves and revealing they were working together? Was this some kind of reverse psychology shit? Or worse, just a test to see Cleo's reaction because they were indeed suspecting that we knew something?

We discussed many theories and wrote them on my window... and it was a terrible idea to do that while we were drinking, it showed how much of a mess our brains were. So far we believed that it was indeed a test, because my father hadn't mentioned anything about working with Catherine, so maybe he was waiting for me to go question him...

And then he'd know for sure that Cleo and I were talking.

Of course, I wasn't going to talk to him about this or even mention the Horans, but I was going to sneak into his office tomorrow afternoon, it was already decided.

Cleo and I had made the final decision tonight, before we started with the vodka, and I knew my father had a meeting that would last the whole afternoon because Zayn was going to be a part of it as well.

So Zayn would indirectly help me because I asked him to call me as soon as the meeting ended because I'd need him to come over, but I didn't say anything related to the fact I was going to snoop around my father's things in order to find anything... anything at all.

We were desperate and I kept thinking about the red envelope he hid from me, and also the immeasurable amount of information he had stored there, just waiting for me to find it so I could show Amber. Maybe that would help the FBI do their fucking jobs a little faster, I was about to lose my fucking mind.

"You're my unicorn," Cleo spoke up all of a sudden, forcing me to snap out of my thoughts as I glanced sideways at her.

She was playing with the unicorn lighter I'd gotten her and she had a cigarette between her fingers, but she wasn't smoking just yet. I furrowed my eyebrows at her when she didn't elaborate, and she didn't even look at me.

Cleo was so focused on the lighter that she didn't even notice when I offered her the half-empty bottle right after I took another sip, so I nudged her with my elbow.

Her blue eyes were wide when she looked at me, and her cheeks were the cutest shade of pink. She was wearing just a tank top and her underwear, I noticed she didn't like staying dressed when she was intoxicated, she'd always take her pants off first thing.