11: You're Not Alone

Warning! This oneshot includes family abuse and self-harming. I know these can be quite triggering topics, so if it's a sensitive subject for you then I completely understand if you want to take a miss on this oneshot. It's hard stuff to read and write, but I hope I've done it justice!

Quirk: Telekinesis

Requested bySnoozing_Moonie

 It started when my father lost his job at the large news company he worked for. He was behind on some of his research and had received many warning but couldn't keep up. When he was fired he was distraught, and mum tried so hard to comfort him. I was only four-years-old so I didn't really understand what was happening; I didn't understand why my father was crying and why my mother was desperately trying to comfort him.

Then one day he started drinking. He wouldn't stop drinking. Mum tried to stop him, to tell him that it wouldn't help in the long run and as soon as she had pointed that out he hit her, hard. I only remember hearing my mothers screams and cries as he continued to beat her and kick her, blaming her and me for him loosing his job. I remembered sobbing, I remembered the blood dripping down her face and the bruises she received, I remembered my fathers horrible words and worst of all, I remembered the day she left.

- Flashback -

"D-daddy... where's mummy?" I asked my father, quaking a little as I was scared to be in his company.

"Gone," he said simply.

"Gone where? To the shops?" I asked innocently, but I flinched when he stood up so abruptly.

"No, that bitch is finally gone, she's never coming back, you understand?" He shouted at me, his fists clenched. Tears came to my eyes as he towered over me.

"O-oh-,"

"What, you gonna cry about it? Pathetic," he scoffed, then kicked me so hard in the stomach that I flew backwards and hit the far wall, falling to the ground in a heap.

"D-daddy," I sobbed, looking up at the horrid man. He had never actually physically hurt me before, but that was because my mother always stopped him before he could. He took ahold of the collar of my top and pulled me off of the ground, looking directly into my eyes with his terrifying ones.

"You better cause absolutely no trouble, you understand? I don't want to have to deal with you, at all, so you better do as your damn told without talking back. Understand?" He hit me again and tears leaked from my eyes at the pain. "I said DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

"Y-yes!" I wailed, wanting to get away from him as fast as possible. He dropped me from the height he was holding me, and as soon as I could I scrambled away from him, desperately wanting the comforting cuddles of my mother.

- Flashback Ended -

Since my mother left I had been the sole target of his abusing. I didn't know the exact details of why she left and I had a feeling it was more to it than her just having had enough of his torturing, otherwise she would've taken me with her.

I always kept a photo of her in my pocket, one that was taken when she was younger. I looked an awful lot like her, and I remembered a time when my father used to call me beautiful because of that fact. I sighed as I ran my fingertips over the photograph of my beautiful mother, not realising that tears were coming to my eyes. "(y/n)!" Midoriya's voice snapped me from my trance and I quickly pocketed the picture before wiping my eyes. "Are you alright?"