Protection ~ Ch43

Warnings : Angst. Angst. Angst...

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

After a few minutes of pondering over the true reason why Satoru gave me this bracelet, I shook off my scepticism and decided that Satoru must just be trying to protect me becuase he knows I'm quite vulnerable based on my lack of skill at the moment. With a small exhale, I began putting back on my bracelet and made a mental note that I would confront Satoru tomorrow on it's orgin. But now, I was exhausted and frankly still slightly shook up after almost getting attacked by a cursed spirit.

Trutting down the stairs of the rooftop, I let my mind hover over the image of the evil cursed spirit. I had never actually seen a cursed spirit before today, usually just imagining them based off of Sukuna's descriptions of how they usually look like. But seeing one in real life tonight really brought into perspective how weak I was against one. My cursed technique not only didn't work on it but if I didn't have my fan then I would be dead. Life without Sukuna or my guards protecting me all the time really was hard and only now I realised how small I was compared to them. I needed to get stronger.

Soon enough I made it back to my room, opening the door with my keycard and sneaking in silently to not wake up Yuuji. The boy was still snoring away and his mumblings began to turn into gibberish as drool dripped down his mouth. I gave him a soft smile before sneaking past him towards my bed beside the window. I was ridiculously tired and after tonights turn of events, If that wasn't enough to get me to fall asleep then I don't know what will.

With a humm of satisfaction, I slid beneath my covers and began to made myself comfortable on my side. I tucked my head into my pillow, imagining that it was Sukuna's chest. Then I closed my eyes and hoped sleep would wisk me away and lead me to Sukuna. A small smile crept onto my features as I could feel myself slipping away. I couldn't wait to see Sukuna.

It wasn't long before I realised that I was no longer comforted by the warmth of my bed, now standing on my feet surrounded by the same sinister feeling I have grown to love. Opening my eyes, I let myself grin at the dark sky and the giant beating heart above me. I had finally made it here. I spund around in excitement, squealing as I saw all the same details from yesterday night staring right back at me.

With no hesitation, I bolted up the mountain of bones. I already knew what-or rather who was at the top.
"Sukuna!" I called out happily. The moment I reached the top was when I saw him. He sat in his chair, much like yesterday. Sukuna stared at me with a smirk, welcoming my arrival with open arms. I grinned at the action and flung myself into his arms, staddling his lap and tucking my head into the crook of his neck.

"I was starting to think you wouldn't come." He mused, playing with a stand on my hair as he talked. He twirled it around with his fingers as he waited for my reply, not noticing how I was too busy basking within his familiar scent that I was only able to do here in our domain.

"I had some trouble falling asleep today." I told him him with a slight pout, laying my hand above his bare collarbone and tracing the outline with my fingers. Then I looked up at Sukuna, immediately connecting eyes with the man. My body began leaning forwards on it's own, desperate for the kiss that I'd been craving all day. Our lips connected roughly as Sukuna took control of the kiss, letting himself ravish my lips as he had also been craving to do. The kiss didn't last long though. We parted after only a minute, knowing we had more than enough time to continue this later on.

"I'm glad you made it here, even if it was late." He admitted quietly, making me look up at him with a cheeky smile. I loved when he told me how he felt. He wasn't the type of person to say how he felt which was what I was telling Satoru earlier today but lately I feel like Sukuna has gone through some character development. It made me happy to know he was opening up even more to me.