my one and only - true end

and that's a wrap! (on the main story, at least...)

Warning: there's a short lime near the end <3

(5147 words)

You enter to the sight of an irritated Whitty, bruised but not bleeding much.

His gaze meets yours, and his eyes briefly widen before his scowl quickly shifts to a grin.

"Darling, welcome back!" He smiles. "You've got the cartridge and everything, huh?"

Lem moves closer to you, standing slightly in front as he glares.

"Say, can you bury this corpse of a demon for me?" Senpai's grin grew sharper; his jabs worked perfectly.

"I'll kill-!" Lem's growled words were cut off as you grasped his hand.

"I'm assuming that's what you wanted me to avoid comparing you to, back then?" You ask, him firmly squeezing your hand and backing down with a huff.

"Yes. It was."

"I think my comparison is much better, anyways." You see how the tall man's grin falls to neutrality before growing a bit sour at you holding the blonde's hand.

"Darling, why hold the demon's hand? He's not someone who deserves your touch, you know." He coos, frowning at the sound of Lem's scoff.

"As if you deserve it any more than I do. We're like two sides of a really fucked up coin." The red-eyed man laughs as Senpai snarls. "I know all I've done is for my own interests, but you still seem to think you're doing it for the both of you."

"Don't compare me to you! We're-" He indignantly opposes, cut off.

"Different, yet the same. Come on, you can understand this, right? My acceptance of my nature is the reason he's by my side right now, not yours." Lem's mean grin only grows sharper as Senpai's expression gets darker, fury broiling in his eyes.

"Lem, can you get me the handcuffs?" You murmur, him humming. Understanding your desire for discretion, he doesn't let Senpai see it before you put it into your pocket.

"Darling, whatever you may be planning, please just know that all I want is for us to be happy." He pleads, able to see how your grip on the cartridge tightened.

"Lem, can you destroy this in one hit?" You ask, not shifting your gaze from the possessed man.

"Should be able to."

"Good." You drop it in front of him, watching Senpai tense as he lifts his leg. "If you want us to be happy, then start by getting out of Whitty."

Lem, widely grinning, slams his heel down onto the cartridge with enough force to snap it in half, the plastic crumpling in on itself. He watches with sick amusement as the man collapses to the floor, clutching at his chest and screaming in agony. Sweat pours off of him, tears escaping his wide eyes before he clenches them shut.

Lem's eyes drift over to you, seeing your uncomfortable expression. "Aren't you glad he's getting out of Whitty?" He asks, brows slightly furrowing.

"He still has Whitty's voice–I don't like hearing his screams. I don't like hearing anyone's screams, even if they were Senpai's." Breaths came from you quickly, only growing faster as the pained noises endured. You keep your eyes off of the man's form, feeling Lem gently tug you closer.

He releases your hand to cup his over your ears, not seeing any visual change until your eyes closed. You cover his hands with your own, regulating your breaths and doing your best to calm yourself down.